If you are looking for an exciting opportunity as the Financial Controller in an organisation that combines both charitable impact in the UK and overseas as well as a significant commercial operation our client a nature conservation charity is the next step in your career.
Salary: £39,970 to £53,293 per annum
Hours: Full time
Reporting to the Head of Finance and having line management responsibility for the Assistant Financial Accountant and Procurement Manager, this role has responsibility for all aspects of the organisations financial accounting function to deliver an effective and compliant service.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Preparing the Trustee Annual Report and Accounts (including subsidiary and related entities).This involves co-coordinating input from the Finance Team as well as liaising with the Communications and Corporate Governance and Risk teams to provide an integrated narrative that clearly articulates the charity's impact and the challenges it faces.
• Liaison with external and internal auditors.
• Cashflow management
• Managing all areas of tax compliance including VAT, Gift Aid and corporation tax..
• Be the point of contact for internal advice regarding tax compliance.
• Manage a £10m+ investment portfolio with support of professional advisers
• Support the development of a framework of accounting policies and internal financial control and provide practical advice and interpretation consistent with these policies and controls. This includes a consideration of wider organisational risk management issues as a member of the Risk Management Committee.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant with proven and up to date technical accounting experience as a financial accountant/financial controller. You will be a supportive and solution based leader with excellent communication skills and be proficient at leading change through continuous improvement, with the ability to influence at all levels of the organisation. You will have the support of the Assistant Financial Accountant and Procurement Manager.
Our client is the largest nature conservation charity in the UK with over 1.2 million members, annual income of circa £140m and around 2,000 employees and 12,000 volunteers. They manage over 200 nature reserves in the UK and undertake a wide range of research, policy, advisory and educational activities both in the UK and internationally.
Closing date: 31 October 2019
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. You will be asked to declare unspent convictions and cautions at offer of employment stage.
When you make your application please ensure that you include reference number A2401019 on any correspondence.
No agencies please.