Practitioner (School Home Support)
This organisation is a dynamic charity with proven impact. For over 30 years it has been working with children and young people struggling to stay in school due to a wide range of complex family issues. They get children and young people back in school ready to learn, whatever it takes.
Through a mixture of growth and staff turnover they now require the following post across three schools:
School-Home Support Practitioner
Salary range starting from: £20,574 pa
Hours: 5 days a week, term time only
Based in Islington:
- A Primary School in N1 - 2 days a week
- A Primary School in N19 - 1 day a week
- A Primary School in N8 - 2 days a week
This is an opportunity to support children and families in Islington to improve attendance, aspirations and welfare. The practitioner will work with pupils across three Islington primary schools who have issues with attendance and punctuality. The practitioner will engage pupils and their families to identify and resolve issues affecting the pupil’s attendance. The role will include working with the whole family to tackle issues which are causing poor attendance and behaviour, helping parents to become more engaged with their child’s learning and engaging parents in family learning.
Successful candidates will have experience working in a school environment, using SIMS to track and report on attendance and strong abilities in engaging challenging children and their parents. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of our client's established teams.
Duties of the role:
- Engage with targeted families, deliver practical and emotional support
- Analyse attendance data and identify referrals in liaison with schools
- Undertake work supporting improved attendance across the school
- Engage parents in the playground, raising profile and awareness of support available
- Encourage parental engagement in children’s learning
- Conduct home visits and welfare checks where necessary
- Support wider parental engagement in school
- Liaise and signpost with other services where appropriate
- Support the school’s safeguarding processes
- Provide termly reports for funding partners, schools and the employer
Closing date for applications is Midnight 22nd October 2019
First stage interviews: 25th October 2019
Second stage interviews at the School: TBC
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
Our client takes very seriously the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring that their safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice. Their safeguarding policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances.
They are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
No agencies please.