We are looking for a Senior Technical Officer, to join our clients Environmental Health team at a local council.
Salary: £33,487 to £36,543 (including £609 local weighting) plus local government pension and free car-parking
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week - Part-time working and job share may be considered
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 28 October 2019
Following investment by the Council within Environmental Health, our client is recruiting for a Senior Technical Officer – Environment, due to internal promotion.
About the Role
In this new Senior Technical Officer role, you will be:
- Providing professional and technical advice to businesses and colleagues on noise and applying your acoustic knowledge to review and respond to planning applications.
- Resolving noise complaints and where appropriate take enforcement action.
This role will also involve developing policies and strategies.
As Senior Technical Officer – Environment, you will have an Institute of Acoustics diploma in acoustics (or equivalent), previous local government experience or experienced within at least one of these Environmental Health areas of work would be highly beneficial. You will also have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to give clear advice and support to colleagues and members of the public.
You will bring with you experience of dealing with statutory nuisances, foul drainage, environmental protection, pollution prevention and control air quality and contaminated land, plus any other aspect of public health would be highly beneficial, however not essential.
About our Client
East Herts is consistently rated as amongst the best areas in the country to live, with excellent schools and healthcare, a huge array of green space, beautiful waterways, unique market towns and picturesque villages
Whatever the role, everyone contributes to delivering great services to the local community. The vision is to preserve the unique character of East Herts and ensure it remains one of the best places to live and work.
Our client is dedicated to staff development and individual success within a team framework. To help their staff deliver, they provide a supportive work environment, development opportunities and work to help everyone achieve their potential, whilst enjoying a positive work-life balance.
- A variety of flexible working options available, including part-time working, job share, compressed hours and home working
- Flexi-time scheme
- Local Government pension scheme
- Generous annual leave
- A range of discounts including high street retailers and local leisure centres
- Professional environment where your career path really matters and your development is supported by the organisation
- Flexible and supportive team
You may also have experience as a Technical Officer, Environmental Officer, Environment Officer.