An innovative and progressive medical charity are looking for an interim Director of Research, Policy and Innovation to join the charity for a period of 3-6 months.
The real focus of this role is provide senior leadership to a very small and capable team of 5. This team manage the charities exemplary research/grants programme. Working closely with the CEO, you be looking after strategy and a potential team re-structure. You will need to have experience of running grants/research at a senior level, with a scientific background. The charity are leaders in their specialist field, with a mixture of medical research and social research. You will lead from the front with a hands on approach, further supporting the team to further integrate into the wider charity. You will be the team advocate both internally and externally.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To play an active part as a member of the Senior Leadership Team in leading the charity.
- To play a key part in the creation, implementation and monitoring of their organisational strategy
- To lead on the development and implementation of their research and influencing strategies, ensuring they are embedded within their work
- To take the strategic lead on building relationships with potential research partners to grow the proportion of their research spend that comes in via strategic partnerships
- To develop new funding opportunities to increase unrestricted income as well as embedding a culture of full cost recovery in all budgeting of projects
There is a potential for successful candidates to be considered for the permanent post. Please apply today!