We have an exciting opportunity in our homelessness charity and we’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic professional leader to join us to drive and influence the future of homelessness in Luton and Central Bedfordshire.
Working alongside the senior management team and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the Operations Manager is responsible for the day to day delivery of all Signposts Services comprising of Emergency Access Accommodation and Hostels for people who are homeless, street outreach and move on accommodation.
Purpose of the role
- To provide dynamic, professional management, leadership and direction to all of Signposts (Luton) staff and services
- As a member of the Signposts Senior Management Team the post holder will focus on supporting the Chief Executive in setting the strategic direction for the organisation with direct responsibility for the delivery of all Signposts’ medium- and long-term strategic objectives
- The post requires a high degree of independent working as directed by the Chief Executive Officer and the post holder will need to take initiative, have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing whilst also possessing the ability to deliver operationally
- The post holder will need to establish and maintain a range of key stakeholder relationships in order to support the business needs of the organisation and scrapping the stereotype around homelessness.
- Significant experience delivering change and high-quality leadership in a supported housing, adult learning or housing management field
- Significant demonstrable experience of organisational leadership at a senior level
- Experience of developing new income streams and securing contracts through tendering
- Significant experience of delivering high quality and complex services for vulnerable adults or similar client group
- Experience of securing and maintaining effective partnerships, both internal and external
To apply, please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application, addressing your experience in relation to the key points on the person specification, which should be no longer than 2 sides of A4.