Director – Open Society Foundations Education Programme
Universal access to a high-quality education is a necessity for a truly open society. As our Education Programme Director, you’ll lead a team that is responsible for crafting a vision for the Education Programme, establishing and executing a range of complex strategies, and taking care of the day-to-day management and development of the team.
Drawing on the expertise and experience of the Programme’s senior staff, you will use your extensive and up-to-date understanding of education systems and policy at primary, secondary and higher education levels to determine where our work can be most effective, building on the Education Programme’s current strengths, and responding to new challenges and opportunities. Engaging extensively with academia, civil society and political actors involved in the development of education policy, you’ll guide the use of our resources at national, regional and international level to transformative effect.
For citizens to be able to reach their potential as creative and responsible members of society capable of holding power to account, a capacity for critical thinking and access to knowledge are vital. Access to inclusive, relevant education is a fundamental human right, yet despite the universal principle, millions around the world are denied that right at every level.
While much progress has been made in recent decades towards the reform of education systems to ensure they serve broad populations beyond elites, the challenges posed by shrinking civic space, rising authoritarianism and widening economic disparities continue to impede global access to, and equity in education for all.
As Director for the Education Programme, you will act as OSF’s principal strategist for education and will bring innovative thought leadership to conceptualise the ways OSF can support the field as a grant-maker and a catalyzer of networks and position the Programme as a leading philanthropic supporter of the education reform agenda.
The Programme takes varied approaches to influencing systemic change, using entry points from grass roots to senior levels, and as Director, you will be responsible for managing that complexity - navigating and balancing operational practicalities and resources with conceptual priorities.
As a member of OSF’s Senior Leadership Group, you’ll not only lead the work of the Education Programme but will also take responsibility for maintaining and strengthening the institutional, programmatic, and financial integrity of OSF as a whole.
In return, you can expect:
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more.
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
- Competitive rates of pay.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please visit our website to apply.
Closing date: 30 October 2019.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
More searches like this
- Senior Management Education Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Management Education Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Operations & Service Delivery Education Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- International Development Education Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Policy & Research Education Full Time jobs in London (Greater)