£17,260 (£17,260 FTE)
Full-time and Part-time roles available
Are you caring? Do you enjoy helping others? Would you like to enable people to have greater independence in their lives?
At QEF’s Independent Living Services we aim to provide high quality care and support. We are a 42 bed residential home based in Leatherhead for adults with complex disabilities, ensuring that their physical, emotional and social needs are met and they are treated with respect and dignity.
Now is an exciting time to join QEF as we look to move to our brand-new state of the art care and rehabilitation centre opening in Leatherhead during Spring 2020.
No previous care experience is required to fulfil this role as full training will be provided.
We offer a comprehensive training calendar, career progression and an opportunity to work with fantastic people in a caring and supportive environment.
No two days in this role are the same, one day you could be supporting someone on a shopping trip or accompanying them to a hospital appointment and the next contributing to a support plan or risk assessment.
Our Support Workers help residents with all aspects of personal care and daily living skills undertaking a vital role as a keyworker. They ensure residents have a stimulating and fulfilling programme of activities that meet their individual needs and work within QEF policies and procedures to provide a safe and caring environment.
- An individual who has a caring and friendly disposition and is passionate about providing good quality care.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and an ability to build appropriate relationships and understand professional boundaries.
- Ability to work with a person centred approach.
- A level 2/3 qualification in a Health and Social care subject or experience of working in a similar setting would be desirable but not essential.
- An individual who is a team player but also able to work independently.
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 days after 2 years' service.
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Extensive training and development
- Support for Care apprenticeships
- Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme (including optical, dental and complimentary therapy treatments)
- Westfield shopping discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free on-site parking
- Transport offered to and from main train station
- Paid breaks
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online.
Close date: 1st November 2019
Apply early! This opportunity may be closed early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include Enhanced with adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF if you are not already a member of The Update Service).