Head of Policy and Research
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced policy and research expert to join the senior management of a charity known for its robust research and influencing work as Head of Policy and Research, and lead a team who play a crucial role in helping us to improve the lives of single parents.
Position: Head of Policy and Research
Location: Kentish Town, London
Hours: 35 hours (flexible working available)
Salary: £47,000 - £52,000
Benefits: Excellent work-life balance policies for all staff, flexible working including working at home, part time working, job sharing and more, onsite parking, close public transport links, on site café, 28 days leave per year rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service and all public holidays (pro-rata for part time staff), office closure between Christmas and New Year
Closing Date: Monday 28 October at 09.00am
Interview Date: First Round Tuesday 5th October, Second Round Monday 11th November
In this role you will be joining our client at an exciting time having recently celebrated their 100th year and launched a new organisational strategy and Change Framework which puts campaigning at the heart of what they do.
The Head of Policy and Research will help the organisation achieve its mission, working towards a world where single parent families are valued and have the opportunity to thrive.
You will lead the work to change policy and practice through evidence-based research and influencing activity, with overall responsibility for developing and implementing a robust and innovative strategy that improves the lives of single parent families, as well as working with colleagues to secure funding for the organisation’s activity.
The Head of Policy and Research you will have overall responsibility for:
- Developing and implementing a robust strategy to maximise influence on policies and practices that impact the lives of single parent families
- Exploring and implementing innovative new ways to influence policy and practice
- Building strong relationships with external stakeholders
- Managing, motivating and developing the policy and research team
- Working with colleagues to secure funding for the organisation’s policy and research activity
As The Head of Policy and Research you will:
- Have demonstrable experience of leading successful projects that change policy and practice through evidence-based research and influencing activity.
- Have strong research and project management skills.
- Be confident in developing, overseeing and quality-assuring a programme of practical research.
- Take a collaborative approach to your work.
- Have experience of building relationships with funders, partners and sector peers.
- Be an innovator, with an eye for opportunities to influence policy and practice in different ways – looking beyond Westminster to other audiences and tactics that will improve the lives of single parents.
To keep our client’s administration costs to a minimum, regrettably they will only be contacting candidates who are shortlisted for interview.
Our client provides a bright, open plan office in bustling Kentish Town. They offer a friendly working environment, with opportunities to socialise with colleagues through lunches and on site yoga classes and generous work life balance policies. They are proud of their range of policies to support staff, which include working at home, part time working, job sharing, generous annual leave and a pension scheme.
About the Organisation
Our client is the leading national charity working with single parent families. Since 1918, they have been at the forefront of shaping policy and services that support single parents. Our client welcomes applications from all sections of the community, including single parents and those with caring responsibilities.
‘It is gratifying to be a part of a charity which works so hard to support single parents at ground level, while giving them a voice in the national arena’ JK Rowling – President
You may also have experience in areas such as Head of Policy, Head of Research, Policy and Research Manager, Head of Impact, Policy and Partnerships Manager.