Job Title: Chief Executive
Hours of work: Full Time/Permanent
Location: Guildford, Surrey
We are working in partnership with Challengers, an independent children’s charity dedicated to providing essential play and leisure opportunities for disabled children and young people with any kind of physical, learning, sensory or emotional impairment.
After eight happy and successful years of working at this inspirational charity, the current Chief Executive is ready to hand over to a new leader to build a vision for the future. The Board of Challengers is therefore seeking to appoint a new Chief Executive who will be responsible for agreeing the strategic direction of the charity and then implementing the management and administration of the organisation within the agreed strategic framework.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- A proven track record in strong leadership and staff management skills
- Strategic vision rooted in good practice
- A sound understanding of the charitable and voluntary sector including the governance and legal requirements of charities
- Evidence of building relationships across the community and growing opportunities
- An understanding of complex projects, their development and financing
- Drawing up and monitoring policies and procedures to ensure good practice throughout the Charity
- Successful experience in fundraising and developing a robust Fundraising team
- Knowledge of operating budgets, management accounts, human resources
- Evidence of influencing national agenda
The post holder will have excellent communication skills and the self-confidence and influence to inspire and persuade others. You will be a forward thinking, committed and passionate individual with a true belief in the ethos of the charity and the children they support.
To apply for this role, please e-mail your CV and Supporting Statement to Jenny Warner, Managing Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment, email@example.com quoting our reference JO1707.
Closing date for applications: 24 October 2019
Interview date: 12 November 2019