Senior Manager - High Value Proposition Development
This is the single most exciting time to join Age UK, the charity helping older people who need us the most. We've launched a new charity strategy with a bolder approach to fundraising and more investment in this area than ever before.
That's why we've created this new Senior Manager role - to focus solely on developing restricted funding propositions to help grow income from high value funders including corporate partners, charitable trusts and national government bodies
You might have heard of some of high value fundraising successes - our current #DonateYourWords campaign with Cadbury, and award-winning programmes such Call in Time telephone befriending and our Lottery-funded One Digital programme that's helped over 20,000 older people get online.
We're looking for someone who can develop more innovative restricted funding propositions that reflect the needs of older people, the ambitions of Age UK and have the power to capture funders' imaginations.
You'll work closely with Charity Directors, colleagues in Services teams, Research and Influencing to understand their plans and ambitions. Your unique contribution will be to translate these into fundable programmes and propositions for Age UK's Partnerships and Philanthropy team to secure new income and partnerships.
As well as developing new concepts and budgets and producing well-written, high quality proposition overviews, you'll manage our proposition matching process and refresh our current suite of restricted funding propositions.
* You will have experience developing high-value funding propositions in a like-for-like role, as corporate, trusts or statutory fundraiser or as a service-delivery manager.
* Your grasp of high value fundraising landscapes will be first class: you'll have a deep understanding of what high value funders are seeking from charitable programmes.
* Great communication and influencing skills will be essential to your success, ensuring you gain buy-in from colleagues across the charity, including Directors.
* You will need excellent copywriting skills and the ability to convert dense internal information into fundraising-friendly content for high value audiences.
* You'll be a good project manager with a natural ability to create processes that empower agile decision-making rather than slow things down.
What we can offer
We welcome applications from candidates seeking full-time, part-time or condensed hours, and can accommodate some home working.
We can offer an excellent salary of up to £45,000 and great benefits including 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, excellent pension (we pay in up to 9%), Life Assurance, Healthcare Cashback Plan, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to work scheme, flexible working and much more.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.