About the Centre for Entrepreneurs (CFE)
The Centre for Entrepreneurs is the UK’s leading entrepreneurship foundation. We work to make the country more entrepreneurial. Our activities are broadly split into four areas:
- skills and entrepreneurial development for promising young entrepreneurs via the NEF Fast Track programme;
- we publish research on the positive impact of entrepreneurship in neglected groups, communities and locations;
- build networks in under-served communities that would particularly benefit from entrepreneurship; and
- inform policy makers and the public of the positive benefits of entrepreneurship.
The CFE was formed following the merger in 2017 of the New Entrepreneurs Foundation, which runs an entrepreneurial development programme for young people, and the Centre for Entrepreneurs, a think tank which publishes research on entrepreneurship and builds networks in underserved communities.
Background to role
The CFE is a registered charity. The majority of our income is from donations from companies, individuals and charitable trusts/foundations. The 'Development Director' will play a key part in raising and managing relationships across this diverse range of funding sources.
You will primarily be working closely with our CEO to drive and support CFE’s fundraising activities and be supporting the Chair of Trustees in their fundraising endeavours. On a day to day level, you will be working with CFE programme teams to gather information to input into proposals and creating and delivering staff engagement initiatives for corporate donors and events.
This is a varied role which includes proposal writing, events, database and project management. The role is roughly split into four areas (in no particular order):
1. Donor management
Corporates - Work with and support our CEO and Chairman in building and implementing corporate engagement strategies for each of our corporate donors. This includes staff engagement plans/events, scheduling and ensuring delivery of timely updates and managing invoicing and donation payments.
Individuals and Foundations – Ensure individuals and foundations are updated appropriately, which includes working with programme leads to write impactful updates. Support our CEO and Chairman to ensure that current and prospective donor relationships are managed successfully, through personalised and impactful engagement activities.
Events – Work in close collaboration with the wider CFE team to plan and deliver professional and high-impact fundraising events ranging from small-scale private events to large exhibitions / demo days.
2. Project Fundraising
New Funders - Identify and cultivate potential funders for specific projects e.g. our refugee entrepreneurship programme, incubator network and so on. These Include grant-making organisations, government bodies, individuals and so on.
Proposal writing – Lead on the preparation and submission of compelling proposals and grant applications for funding from individuals, companies and charitable trusts.
Sponsors - Identify and secure sponsors for our commercial activities which support our charitable goals, such as the CFE annual lecture.
3. Trustee and Advisory Board support
Trustees – Drive and support trustee-led fundraising activities which include drafting proposals, managing prospect lists and inviting trustees' contacts to events.
Advisory Board – Support the CEO in running the Advisory Board and their twice-yearly meeting. This includes drafting agendas, preparing materials and communicating to Advisory Board members as appropriate.#
4. Pipeline Management
New donors – Identify and cultivate new donors to support CFE and its programmes. This entails taking the lead in approaches but also working with CEO and trustees on peer to peer approaches.
Donor data management – Update donor information on Salesforce. Drive developing Salesforce with the aim of ensuring that all fundraising is driven and reported from Salesforce.
You will be passionate about the positive impact entrepreneurship has on individuals, society and the wider economy. You will relish getting under the skin of our varied programmes and articulating our work in written and verbal form. If you’re proactive, happy to work in a small team but also to work independently, this could be the role for you.
You'll need to demonstrate the following:
- The ability to create compelling narratives that highlight CFE's work and achievements - through written proposals, presentations and marketing collateral.
- Great communication skills.
- Proven business development skills, with experience of high value not for profit donors.
- Relationship building - creating and nurturing long-term relationships with donor organisations and Individual donors.
- Able to work across a wide range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Education Part Time jobs in London (Central)
- Senior Management Education Part Time jobs in London (Central)
- Management Education Part Time jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Fundraising Education Part Time jobs in London (Central)
- Major Donor/ Gifts Education Part Time jobs in London (Central)