Brookes Students’ Union makes a huge difference to the lives of our members through the work that we do with them; from making sure they receive an excellent education to helping them make lifelong friends, from campaigning for better mental health support, to enabling them to celebrate the end of the year in style. Everything we do is for our members. Students’ unions have come a long way from the era of cheap club nights with £1 pints of beer. They have responded to the changing concerns of students, who now care more about mental health, wellbeing, employability and getting the most from their degree than they did several years ago.
Position: Chief Executive
Salary: circa £60,000
As we approach our centenary in 2021, joining us will give you the opportunity to work with the Board, the elected officers and your team to shape the Union’s future for the next 100 years. We’re hugely excited about the journey ahead. We want you to be as excited as we are, yet able to see through the excitement to make our plans and aspirations a reality. We’re looking for someone who is passionate, inspiring and visionary, but not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in occasionally.
- Experience within a membership organisation, with a strong understanding of member’s needs
- Proven success in generating and growing income from a diversified range of sources, and of implementing systems and processes to make this sustainable
- Developing and implementing organisational strategy in collaboration with stakeholders resulting in successful organisational development
- Providing strong and effective leadership, managing in a range of different settings and styles
- Interpersonal skills; ability to communicate confidently with a wide range of people to quickly build trust and listening and reflecting in communication with others.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity and for details on how to apply, please download the Appointment Briefing Pack via the button below:
Brookes Students’ Union is committed to achieve greater diversity in its executive team/board, and welcome applications regardless of sex, gender, race, age, sexuality, belief or disability.
Closing date: 23 October 2019
Initial interviews with Prospectus: 5 – 15 November 2019
First interviews with Client: w/c: 25 November 2019
Final interviews with Client: w/c: 2 December 2019