A multi‐strategy hedge fund is looking to recruit a Senior Financial Accountant who will report into the Head of Financial Control & Reporting. This is a newly created role and you will be responsible for the monthly, quarterly and year end processes for all management and financial reporting, control, budgeting, forecasts with an element of Analysis too.
This company is currently looking to add a recently qualified accountant to its Accounting team in a broad role which encompasses more than just financial reporting. The Accounting team is in charge of fund valuations and trade bookings, but also supports the Investment Managers by performing tasks such as liquidity monitoring, FX hedging and operational transaction support (this can be as broad as setting up new entities, tax advice, setting up new banking and corporate servicing relationships, KYC due diligence, monitoring the closing process and perfection of security transfer etc). The team is therefore looking to hire someone who has the ability to take on hedge fund accounting tasks from the offset and who shows the potential to play a broader role in the future. The role represents an exciting opportunity as a first step out of practice to join a dynamic, high calibre team with exposure to all parts and personnel within the firm.
• Work with fund administrators to prepare investment valuations and investor statements on a monthly
• Active treasury management ‐ monitor fund liquidity, forecast cash flows and prepare cash
reconciliations across multiple currencies and entities
• Hedge FX exposure back to fund base currency
• Preparation of performance metrics, investor due diligence questionnaires and other ad‐hoc data
• Trading operations such as booking, monitoring settlements, posting corporate actions and client
• Work with external accountants to prepare the management accounts and financial & regulatory
reporting for the Investment Manager
• Work with auditors for both the Fund and Investment Manager
• Oversight of the preparation of US tax reporting for both the Fund and investors (K1/PFICs and
• Continuously review for operational improvements opportunities, including taking the lead in ongoing
design and development of systems covering a wide variety of operational functions
The successful candidate will be:
• Have a strong academic background (i.e. Russell Group with 2.1+ degree or equivalent)
• Hold an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification with 0‐2 years’ post‐qualified experience
• Have strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Be familiar with hedge fund accounting
• Show excellent attention to detail, even when under pressure
• Demonstrate a thorough and robust thought process
• Show an appetite to develop their knowledge of all operational aspects of a hedge fund and to be
involved in a broad range of subjects beyond fund accounting
• Demonstrated a history of pro‐actively taking on responsibilities beyond their defined role
There is a lot of positive change in this finance team and this is a great opportunity for someone to join and grow in a fun, rewarding and mature environment where hard work and good performance is heavily rewarded.
This role pays £50,000 - £60,000 + bonus and benefits and can are looking for people to join as soon as possible.