You will join as a qualified and experienced Social Worker to provide support to children and young people diagnosed with cancer and leukaemia and their families.
Social Worker Responsibilities:
Our work is rewarding but also complex and demanding; you will need to be resourceful and resilient. You will work closely with our supportive CLIC Sargent team, an established NHS multi-disciplinary team and with services in the community.
Social Worker Requirements:
- Experience working with children, young people and their families / carers in a social care setting.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Knowledge of child and young people development.
- An understanding of the impact of serious illness for children, young people and families.
- It is desirable that you have experience working in an NHS setting.
This post is subject to a Criminal Records Check.
CLIC Sargent is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
About CLIC Sargent:
Today, 12 children and young people in the UK hear the shocking news they have cancer. CLIC Sargent is the UK’s leading cancer charity for children and young people, and their families, offering them care and support every step of the way. You can be a part of helping them live their life to the full.
Location: Liverpool - Alder Hey Hospital
Job type: Part Time, Permanent (Flexible working considered); 28 hours per week
Salary: £34,430 (FTE)
Closing Date: 13th October 2019
Interview Date: 24th October 2019
You may have experience of the following: Qualified Social Worker, Social Work, Social Care, NHS, Charity, Young Peoples Social Worker, Child Development, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit, etc.