We are looking for a qualified and experienced Social Worker to provide support to children and young people diagnosed with cancer and leukaemia and their families. Our work is rewarding but also complex and demanding; you will need to be resourceful and resilient. You will work closely with our supportive CLIC Sargent team, an established NHS multi-disciplinary team and with services in the community.
Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Providing support to children diagnosed with cancer and leukaemia, along with their families
- Able to quickly build relationships, ensuring they have all the support they need to regain their independence.
- Ensuring support plans are monitored and reviewed to meet changing circumstances.
Social Worker Requirements:
- Current GSCC / HCPC registration
- Experience working with children, young people and their families/carers in a social care setting
- An understanding of the impact of serious illness for children, young people and families.
- Experience working in an NHS setting.
About CLIC Sargent:
Today, 12 children and young people in the UK hear the shocking news they have cancer. CLIC Sargent is the UK’s leading cancer charity for children and young people, and their families, offering them care and support every step of the way. You can be a part of helping them live their life to the full.
Location: Manchester - Royal Manchester Children's Hospital
Job type: Part Time, Temporary Fixed Term Contract up to 12 months maternity cover, 24.5 hours a week
Salary: £34,430 (FTE)
Closing Date: 13 October 2019
Interview Date: 29 October 2019
This post is subject to a Criminal Records Check.
CLIC Sargent is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
You may have experience of the following: Qualified Social Worker, Social Work, Social Care, NHS, Charity, Young Peoples Social Worker, Child Development, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit, etc.