Membership and Events Officer
Our client is looking for an experienced Membership and Events Officer to increase our client’s engagement and reach with members and other external stakeholders.
Our client is the national membership organisation for the third sector and volunteering in Wales. Their aim is to work towards a future where the third sector and volunteering thrive across Wales, improving wellbeing for all.
Position: Membership and Events Officer
Salary: £27,945 increasing to £29,616 per annum
Duration: Maternity Cover, likely to be for 12 months and our client will consider secondments
Hours: 35 hours per week. A flexi time scheme is in operation and time off in lieu is permissible for any work required to be undertaken outside the normal hours.
Closing Date: 7 October 2019
Interviews: 16 October 2019
A workplace with a difference:
A job with our client offers you flexible employment that makes a difference. They operate a flexi-scheme to help you fit your career around your life commitments, as well as 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional five discretionary days leave (usually used to cover office shutdown over Christmas). They also offer a generous pension contribution.
They have been awarded an ‘Investors in People’ accreditation and the Trusted Charity Mark of quality, encouraging staff to take part in their Employee Volunteering Scheme. Firm believers in equal opportunities, the ‘real living wage’ and workplace wellbeing, you really could not find an employer more committed to their staff!
About the Role:
As Membership and Events Officer you will aim to increase our client’s engagement and reach with members and other external stakeholders. You will grow and diversify their membership base and increase member participation.
You will provide a strong annual events programme and support the Marketing and Communications Manager to deliver the annual flagship event, Gofod3.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead delivery of our client’s Membership Strategy
- Develop positive relationships with our client’s current and target members and partners
- Manage, plan, market and deliver the annual programme of events and awards
- Plan and coordinate our client’s presence at external events
- Manage budgets and ensure financial targets are achieved
- Identify new opportunities for our client to support the third sector with events
The successful Membership and Events Officer will bring with them the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working within a membership organisation (or equivalent)
- Experience of successfully delivering a programme of events
- Experience of identifying and managing sponsorship of events and other activity
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people at all levels and establish and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with the ability to influence others and negotiate
- Excellent administrative, ICT and organisational skills, with good time management
- Demonstrated fluency in the Welsh language, including speaking, listening comprehension and reading and writing is highly desirable to the post
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Marketing, Memberships Manager, Comms and Marketing, Events Coordinator, Membership Engagement Manager, Member Engagement, Marketing and Partnerships Manager, Membership Events Manager, Events and Membership Officer, Membership Officer