3 days left
- Contract Type
Islamic Relief Worldwide are an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 35 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those effected by poverty, conflicts or natural disasters.
Our Birmingham, UK Offices are actively recruiting for the position of ‘Investigations Lead’ to join the Governance Division. The purpose of the role is to further develop our internal investigations framework, review and develop effective resources (policies and guidelines) and processes, conduct investigations on behalf of Islamic Relief Worldwide whilst providing leadership and oversight of internal investigations within the organisation.
You will also support internal and external whistleblowing and complaints mechanisms by the ongoing development of key business processes in relation to the investigation of complaint/ whistleblowing disclosures, whilst contributing to the review of operational policy development and associated processes. Additionally, you will provide assistance to the Head of Governance in meeting legislative and regulatory compliance requirements as directed.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- A relevant degree or equivalent suited to the remit of the role
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to think creatively and laterally, to overcome challenges
- The ability to prioritise and work efficiently under pressure and subject to changing priorities; proven experience of managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and using judgement and initiative in problem resolution
- Working knowledge of Safeguarding protocols
- Solid demonstrable experience in a senior investigative role including sensitive and involved investigations
- Optimum ability in managing relationships and challenging situations
- Proven management experience in a similar role
- Experience in conducting Fraud investigations and report preparation
It is essential that the post holder shares IRW’s values, vision and commitment to acting transparently, honestly and with a sense of social justice in all we do. If you would like to be a part of an organisation striving to make a difference in the world and are looking for a meaningful career, we will be glad to hear from you.
Following the closing date for applications and subsequent shortlisting, interviews are expected to commence on or around the second week of October 2019. Any previous applicants following re-advertisement of the role need not apply.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- Screening clearance
- Proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- Receipt of satisfactory references
Disclaimer: For any of our UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At Islamic relief we source candidates from direct applications and via our own social media channels. We do not accept any speculative CVs from recruitment agencies or suppliers and we only pay agency fees where parties are invited to do so. Islamic Relief reserve the right to contact any candidates directly without paying any agency fees if the process is bypassed and there is no agreement in place to respond to any particular one vacancy.