Finance, HR and Charity administrator
Reports To: Head of Finance
Budget Responsibilities: None
Purpose of the job
- To provide a high quality administrative support service for the senior management team and administrative support to Berkshire Vision’s Board and associated Committees to ensure excellent governance and compliance is maintained across the organisation.
- Responsible for process and control of the organisations sales and purchase ledger including payment to suppliers and reconciliation of company credit cards, petty cash, direct debits and general payments. To record all income received, code and post to the relevant income streams and allocate all invoices to the appropriate approvers as required.
- To effectively coordinate all HR administration processes to ensure that an excellent service is delivered to all internal and external customers.
Description of the job activities
- To support the charities Board and senior management teams by providing high quality charity administrative support.
- To be responsible for process and control of the organisations purchase ledger and invoice processing.
- To provide HR administrative support to the senior management team.
Activities and tasks
- Organise a range of Senior Management, Board and Committee meetings; co-ordinating diaries to maximise attendance and diarising appointments for the CEO and senior management team.
- Adhere to governance requirements in the management of meetings. This includes the preparation and circulation of agendas, papers and reports ahead of meetings to enable attendees appropriate time to review documents and the timely distribution of minutes.
- To oversee the appropriate set-up of rooms ahead of meetings, arranging IT requirements, stationary and refreshments.
- Responsible for minute taking at Board, committee, AGM and staff meetings.
- Responsible for co-ordinating post-meeting actions and ensuring these are undertaken as agreed.
- Arrange a variety of ad hoc meetings including health and safety committees as required throughout the corporate calendar.
- Responsible for updating the corporate calendar.
- Responsible for organising and co-ordinating the charities annual general meeting.
- Regular processing and reconciliation of the Income and Payments with the Bank Accounts. This includes Direct Debits, Bacs payments and Cheque payments and any ad hoc payments and Account Transfers. Ensuring all income and expenditure is allocated correctly between restricted and unrestricted funds.
- Month End closure of Sales and Purchase Ledger and Payments & Savings Bank Accounts. This includes ensuring receipts and payments are posted in the correct period.
- Manage the invoicing system, ensure all invoices are number sequenced and can be traced through the accounting system. Ensure any Purchase Orders are attached to the supplier invoices.
- Produce weekly reports on outstanding invoices for approval and chase as required.
- Provide training for staff on invoicing and finance processes and procedures.
- Maintain and update supplier database in the Finance Accounting System. This includes liaising with suppliers following notification of change of payment details or for initial set up.
- Monthly checks of organisation Credit Card statements, liaising with staff and management on breakdowns, authorisation and receipts and reconciling these to the overall control statement within that accounting period.
- Assist in Cashing Up and reconciling Petty Cash borrowed from reception to the General Ledger.
- Coordinate the recruitment and selection process from authorisation to successful induction; supporting applicants and recruiting managers ensuring all related administration is completed within timescales.
- Coordinate the sickness absence recording procedure ensuring all certificates are fully completed and returned. This includes completion of monthly statistics, to allow accurate adjustments to pay to be processed and KPIs to be reported.
- Coordinate administration of employee health and safety (H&S) procedures to ensure the H&S Panel is supported in managing H&S across the organisation. This includes coordination of accident/incident/near miss reporting and organising First Aid and Fire Warden training arrangements.
- Write and issue letters to employees regarding changes to their terms and conditions, as directed by the CEO.
- To undertake general administration duties including correspondence, filing, telephone message, photocopying, faxing.
- To record all information regarding leavers, coordinating with line managers on the return of company property, calculating outstanding holidays and ensuring that pay-roll are informed in a timely manner.
- Provide references, upon request from ex/employees, in keeping with Berkshire Vision’s agreed standards.
- Ensure that all training is administered in keeping with Berkshire Vision’s agreed standards, with a proactive approach to employee training-agreements.
- No supervisory responsibility