You will join them as a Breeding Manager helping our client create amazing partnerships and oversee their puppy breeding programme, including the purchase of externally bred puppies.
Breeding Manager Responsibilities:
- Sourcing and selecting puppies from external breeders that are suitable for placement into our puppy training programme.
- Selecting suitable dogs to become part of the Canine Partners’ breeding programme.
- Planning mating schedules of dogs on the breeding programme to ensure a steady supply of puppies to meet agreed supply targets.
- Strategically planning the development of the breeding programme.
Breeding Manager Requirements:
- A working knowledge of different breeding lines and an in-depth knowledge of dog breeding.
- A good understanding of puppy development, in particular within the nest.
- Knowledge of dog care and welfare and dog training and behaviour.
- Experience of supervising and developing staff members.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
This position can be based at one of our their two training centres in Osgathorpe, Leicestershire or Heyshott, West Sussex. There is some flexibility in location available for the right candidate, which may allow for a home-based role. The role has a national remit and regular travel will be required within the UK in order to visit breeders and collect and deliver puppies.
About our client:
If you are looking for an inspirational challenge, join this amazing assistance dog charity and contribute to their life changing work.
Our client’s mission is to transform the lives of adults with physical disabilities through partnership with their specially trained assistance dogs.
They are a disability confident committed employer and welcome diversity, promote equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Location: Osgathorpe, Leicestershire or Heyshott, West Sussex
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £25,300 to 31,625 per annum
Benefits: They offer a comprehensive benefits package including a generous annual leave allowance, access to an employee assistance programme, wellbeing portal and discounts on goods and retail vouchers and cash back on purchases from eating out, entertainment, supermarkets, clothing and travel.
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 13 October 2019
1st Interview: 30 October and 1 November 2019
2nd Interview: 6 November and 8 November 2019
You may have experience of the following: Breeding Coordinator, Puppy Supply Coordinator, Puppy Breeder, Dog Breeder, Animal Welfare, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Supervisor, Team Leader, Deputy, Breeding Manager, etc.