Press and PR Officer
Extremely comprehensive Housing Association that deliver solutions to home ownership. The company forwards housing from young buyers to the elderly and disabled. Based in the heart of central London their influences reaches a dense population.
1. Working with the External Communications Manager, contribute to the development and delivery of external communications plans.
2. Deliver PR and communications projects and campaigns and manage day-to-day requests from client departments.
Media and PR
3. Contribute to the smooth running of the department's press office, managing press enquires and delivering a media monitoring and reporting service.
4. Deliver proactive media relations, including producing press releases to achieve positive coverage, developing and selling-in features to the media and building strong relationships with key journalists.
5. Deliver and support PR activities including awards, corporate publications, case studies, photo calls, media interview briefings and FAQs, events, investor relations, campaigns, advertising and sponsorship.
6. Improve the Group's communications with external audiences, measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of activities, undertaking regular reviews, and developing new approaches.
Technical / creative
7. Provide a copywriting, proofreading, editing and print production service, offering advice and liaising with suppliers.
8. Research and maintain accurate content and publish across offline and online platforms.
9. Promote and monitor the Group's corporate identity, providing brand assets and advising on their use to ensure consistency.
10. Implement and/or manage standardised production processes, including emails and publications, supported by subject matter experts, training and guidance.
Team / shared duties
11. Contribute to shared frontline duties, including responding to general communications requests and enquiries.
12. Provide cover and support for other Communications Officers, as required.
13. Develop and maintain the team's tools, systems and processes, ensuring adherence to communications guidelines, best practice and legal requirements.
14. Assist with general administration and support across the team.
A successful Press and PR Officer should be able to work proactively in a bustling environment. Candidates should have experience managing press enquiries, media relations including press releases, interview briefing and pitching ideas. Creative and methodical thinking with a flair for generating and writing news content.
The opportunity to bring a passion and a wealth of knowledge to a Press and PR Officer role within the Property and Housing sector. This will be an opportunity for growth.