Policy and Research Officer (part time)
Part time role: 3 days per week
Location: Flexible - this role can be based from any of our regional offices; Hampton Wick (London), Dorchester (Dorset) and Saffron Walden (Essex). Please note, occasional travel to other areas in the South of England is required.
Hastoe is an award-winning housing association that owns and manages over 7,500 rented, shared ownership and leasehold homes across the south of England. We hold charitable status and support both rural and urban communities by providing affordable and environmentally sustainable homes for local people.
About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a part-time Policy and Research Officer to join the Communications and External Affairs team. Reporting to the Head of Communications and External Affairs.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Helping to develop and maintain Hastoe’s influence and profile among politicians, civil servants, national agencies and the media.
- Researching and interpreting information to provide new insights that facilitate Hastoe’s influencing work.
- Preparing materials for presentations, articles for publication and responses to government policies and consultations.
- Maintaining strong working relationships with key national and regional partners.
For full details on this role, please see the Job Description.
We’re looking for someone with experience of policy campaigning or working in a political environment as well as an understanding of parliamentary procedures. You will have excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong research and writing skills. You must be highly-motivated, able to work on your own initiative, and willing to travel across the south of England.
Your salary will be supported by a range of benefits, including flexible working opportunities, discounts and a pension scheme. Hastoe is a Gold-Standard Investor in People organisation, and offers excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and develop your career.
Annual leave: 25 days (pro rata, increasing with service) + bank holidays + 1.5 days complimentary Christmas leave and the option to purchase additional leave.
Pension: Hastoe contribution of 5%, giving a total combined contribution of 8% of salary (minimum employee contribution of 3%).
Family friendly policies and benefits include:
- Flexible working
- Discounts for local shops, restaurants and gym membership
- Cycle and Car Leasing Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (advice service)
- Health Cash Plan (a type of health insurance)
Please send your CV and a supporting statement to email@example.com by midnight on Sunday 6 October 2019.
Your supporting statement should include your:
- motivations for applying for the role
- experience of working in a research capacity
- experience of working in a political/policy campaigning environment
- experience of networking skills and stakeholder engagement
- experience of writing and presenting
Please note, CVs that are not accompanied by a supporting statement will not be considered for shortlisting.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 16 October 2019 and shortlisted candidates will meet with the Chief Executive before appointment.
Should you want to know more about the role, please contact Gavin Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org. For enquiries about the application process please contact the HR Team at email@example.com or call 020 8973 0435.
This post is subject to background checks.