Head of Fundraising (2/3 days part time with flexible / home working)
Salary: £40,000 (pro rata)
Contract: Part Time (2/3 days per week)
Location: Wimbledon HQ, but flexible on home working
Closing Date: 25th September
Did you know that 1 in 10 children will at some point be diagnosed with a mental health disorder and that suicide is the third leading cause of death amongst this group? Despite this, only 11% of the NHS’ budget is geared toward providing services for mental health.
At STEM4 we believe that not only are young people not being provided with sufficient services, but that the ones that exist aren’t being provided to them in a context and format they can comfortably engage with.
What We Do
STEM4 is a revolutionary charity developing digital resources for young people with mental health issues who are currently poorly served due to high demand and few resources.
We are committed to developing a multi-channel, online platform that empowers young people to take control of their own mental health.
We have a core focus on four key areas that most affect young people:
• Eating disorders
• Depression and Anxiety
We are developing a suite of apps that have attracted global press from the likes of The New York Times, BBC, SKY, and the Guardian. The apps are widely downloaded by young people across the world and continue to go from strength to strength.
We are a small charity with friends in high places and our growing publicity has given us a huge platform to build upon. We are looking for a talented fundraiser who can help us build a sustainable, income base across a range of income streams. We know that Rome wasn’t built in a day and will be looking to lean on your expertise to expend our resources and time in the most effective way possible.
We have had a lot of success with NHS funding, trusts, corporate, community and events, so have a diverse base to build upon. The fact that we are providing a modern solution to a problem that is of the moment is giving a large amount of traction with donors.
What We Can Offer
- You will be working with people who are experts in their field, developing innovative solutions to a very pressing problem.
- We are a grown-up organisation and can provide a flexible working environment.
- You’ll be respected for your expertise and have the freedom to develop the fundraising programme you feel will be most effective.
- We have some impressive, high-profile donors interested in our products and programmes, we will be looking for you to help us develop these.
- We might be a small charity, but getting exposure isn’t a problem. You will be able to lean on our impressive press contacts to help deliver our fundraising goals.
If you think that you’re the person to help use write the next chapter in our story, we would love to hear from you.