Mission Specialist China
We’re looking for a creative, innovative and resilient self-starter to join our clients team as a Mission Specialist.
Position: Mission Specialist (China)
Location: Swindon (M4 corridor) three days a week and home working
Hours: Full time
Salary: £34,000-£38,000 pa
Benefits: Flexible Working, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Family Time benefits including TOIL, 25 day’s holiday (plus bank holidays) holiday trading, discounted gym membership, Health Cash Plan or Private Medical, Cycle Scheme, Annual Staff Day, Life Assurance, Tastecard, Loyalty Awards, Staff Events, Free tea and coffee and free car parking
Closing date: 9 am, 7 October 2019
Interview date: 18 October 2019
The Mission Specialist will help deliver our clients ambitious goals for their work in China, managing around 60 projects with a combined value of £1 million and will visit China several times a year.
This is a highly demanding and rewarding role working in some of the toughest countries in China.
The Mission Specialist will:
- Develop a five to ten-year plan in collaboration with the International Programme Manager.
- Lead and oversee the design and implementation of projects in the region.
- Co-ordinate our relationship with the United Bible Societies China Partnership.
- Manage a portfolio of projects at the value of £1.5 million as part of our International Support Programme (ISP).
The Mission Specialist will be a creative, innovative and resilient self-starter with experience of designing, managing and monitoring international, large-scale, donor-funded projects. With an understanding of how the Bible can transform lives and an in-depth knowledge of Mandarin and the Chinese culture, and a proven ability to build enduring relationships
With a degree in International Development or relevant theological training, the Mission Specialist will bring with them:
- A comprehensive knowledge of Mandarin and the Chinese culture.
- Proven inter-cultural intelligence with ability to lead, communicate and build enduring relationships with individuals and Chinese partners, including excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Significant and proven hands-on experience of designing, managing and monitoring multiple projects in an international context, including large-scale donor-funded projects.
- High-level influencing and diplomatic skills with proven ability to establish credibility at all levels.
- Willing and able to travel nationally and internationally with the legally-required documentation (i.e. passport), particularly to China.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please provide your CV and a 250-word statement that sets out your experience and skills in relation to this role.
About the Organisation
Our clients mission is to offer the Bible to the world. Their vision is of a world where everyone has access to the Bible and can recognise its value for them, their families and communities. Working for a Christian charity, this is a great opportunity to work for an Investors in People gold employer who have won awards for their excellence in investing in people. They are committed to the development of all staff and have fantastic charity-sector benefits to help motivate and retain exceptional people.
You may also have experience in areas such as International Development, Mission Specialist, International Programme Manager.