Workforce Diversity and Inclusion Lead
- Contract Type
Department: People Services
Citizens Advice offers confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free. Through our national network of charities, we give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
One of our strategic ambitions, articulated in our current strategic framework, is to achieve greater diversity and equality of opportunity within our workforce and create an inclusive working environment service wide.
We will create a culture that is collaborative and innovative and that adapts to the changing needs of our clients. Equality, diversity and inclusion will be fundamental to this culture.
This role will lead on this aspect of our work at national Citizens Advice, through innovative leadership of our approach to becoming an inclusive employer and driving improvement and change through collaborative working with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
You will lead a high profile, strategically important Inclusive Employer programme that will drive through change and working with our workforce, help everyone play their part in transforming the way we value and embrace diversity and work to eliminate discrimination.You will be someone who subscribes to the view that we are all equal through our common humanity.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Lead our thinking and be challenging on how Citizens Advice can transform the way Citizens Advice embraces diversity and becomes more inclusive
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to maximise the impact of the programme of work through expertise and lived experience
- Manage the delivery of a programme of work that reflects the needs of the workforce and the strategic ambitions of the organisation
- Regularly work across the organisation to get buy in and delivery on specific projects, to help meet our inclusive employer ambitions
- Be accountable for reporting on operational and strategic achievements to all levels of staff and trustees within the organisation.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME and disabled people are currently under-represented throughout Citizens Advice. We are a member of the race equality campaign at Business in the Community, the Prince’s responsible business network and are committed to improving employment opportunities for ethnic minorities across the UK. We also welcome applications from, LGB and Trans and non binary candidates.
We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in role profiles
More searches like this
- Senior Management Human Rights Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Management Human Rights Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Operations & Service Delivery Human Rights Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Training Human Rights Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Human Resources Human Rights Full Time jobs in London (Central)