Assistant to the Directors and Office Manager
Reporting to the founding directors, the role is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and high-impact team with staff in London and Bath, Germany, West Africa and Asia.
We’re looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and organised person to join our UK team. You will be providing remote assistance and support to the directors; ensuring that the London office runs efficiently and smoothly across a range of areas, including equipment and IT, volunteer management, cash handling and administering and developing the sales of EJF’s designer t-shirt range
- Provide effective office management – ensuring the office is secure, well-maintained and runs efficiently; maintain equipment and supplies and ensuring IT and communications needs are met.
- Act as the main point of contact and welcome at the office, answering phones and ensuring hosted meetings and external communications can run smoothly.
- Develop effective systems for the t-shirt sales and marketing, processing incoming orders, stock-checks/ re-ordering. Researching and contacting opportunities to expand the sales (pop-up shops, online and ethical partners, events and online marketing).
- Support effective volunteer recruitment, coordination and management.
- Undertake basic financial tasks including managing petty cash, paying cheques into the bank and dealing with incoming items of mail.
- Support the management of the database, including data inputting.
Essential skills and attributes:
• Minimum of 2-years experience in office management, marketing or retail sales.
• Management of IT systems and / or database, preferably supporter management.
• Ability to manage multiple issues, meeting priority needs on time and on budget.
• Great communication skills – in writing and in person.
• Proactive and solution-oriented, tenacious, highly-organised and genuinely self-motivated.
• Enthusiastic, out-going and friendly, able to work in a small team with minimal management.
• Experience of managing a small team of staff or volunteers.
• Employment or volunteer work in the not-for-profit sector.
• Demonstrable commitment to the protection of the environment and human rights.
• Private healthcare package
• Generous pension rising with each year of service
• Annual leave of 28 days (including 8 public holidays) increasing by 2 days each year of service, plus 1 personal day per year and additional paid leave over Christmas
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Home working 1 day per week (after completion of 6-month trial period)
Applications: please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to: email@example.com