Head of Individual Supporters
Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
About the role
As our new Head of Individual Supporters, you would manage one of the biggest individual giving campaigns in the sector. Our talented, high performing team boast significant year on year growth and we’re looking for a strong track record of success in a similar role, an innovative approach and the ambition to take us to the next level. We are invested in an innovative approach, whilst ensuring our current campaigns continue to deliver. You will thrive on the responsibility of achieving these increasing levels of income, whilst ensuring our messaging helps to end homelessness.
- Managing the Supporter Appeals team, balancing a portfolio of recruitment and development activities to achieve growth targets on budget
- Recruiting new donors by direct mail, F2F, press and online advertising, social media, inserts, radio, TV and telemarketing and ensuring retention through excellent donor experience
- Increasing donors engagement and support over time using by phone, mail, email and social networking to create two way conversations, where appropriate
- Developing new and innovative ways of continuing to expand and widen the unique opportunity presented to Crisis each Christmas
- Supporting the overarching supporter engagement strategy developed by Marketing and Comms, ensuring individual donor journeys create great experiences for supporters, maximising value for Crisis and increasing donor engagement.
- Developing Crisis’ online fundraising strategy
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with external agencies: creative and fundraising agencies, print suppliers, mailing houses and relevant internal departments
- Providing in-depth analysis of giving trends across the database and exploring new ways of refining data analysis, in order to drive and inform our forward planning. Whilst also monitoring the external environment and ensuring Crisis is able to adapt to the ever-changing landscape
- Managing and monitoring the Supporter Appeals budget and producing accurate income forecasts and multi-year income models based on various expenditure scenarios
To be successful in this role you will have:
1. Substantial direct marketing experience including recruitment across a range of media
2. Proven experience of leading Fundraising teams, supporting individuals to achieve financial targets and develop their skills and knowledge
3. Knowledge of relationship marketing techniques and strategies
4. Experience of successful digital fundraising techniques
5. Detailed knowledge of print production and mailing techniques
6. Experience of using a relational database
7. Analytical skills and confidence in handling numerical data
8. Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulation affecting fundraising and direct marketing
9. Experience of managing external marketing agencies, printers and mailing houses
10. Experience of working with a variety of media such as press, mailings, online and DRTV
11. Experience of managing large and complex budgets
Commitment to Crisis’s purpose and values including equality and social inclusion is essential.
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
- Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
- 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
- The option to work from home up to two days per week.
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
How to apply
Please click the apply button to be redirected to our website.
If you need to request an application in an alternative format, please contact the HR Team, contact details can be found on our website.
Closing date: 29th September 2019 (23:59)
We value diversity, promote equality and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
For more information about our work and to see our work in action, please visit our website.
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094
More searches like this
- Fundraising Housing & Homelessness Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Campaigning Housing & Homelessness Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Senior Management Housing & Homelessness Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Management Housing & Homelessness Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Operations & Service Delivery Housing & Homelessness Full Time jobs in London (Central)