Head of Marketing
- A great marketing role with responsibility across several functions
- Oversea a large marketing team on high profile projects
About Our Client
Queen Mary are a Russell Group university, operating across five campuses in London and at sites across Europe and Asia. They have close to 4,500 members of staff and more than 25,000 students. This role is based in the Mile End Campus.
Queen Mary is a global leading university enhancing the regional, national and international agenda. They have a unique student, research and public engagement profile compared to any other university, pushing the boundaries of research and innovation and providing opportunities to individuals with talent and potential, irrespective of their background. Queen Mary's students are drawn from 162 nationalities. Approximately 9 per cent are from the EU and 35 per cent are from non-EU overseas countries. The profile of their undergraduate students in London is distinctive for a Russell Group university (and any research-leading university across the world) - 91 per cent are from state school; 60 per cent are BAME; 42 per cent are first into Higher Education; and 27 per cent are from households where the annual taxable income is less than £10k.
This role sits within the marketing, student recruitment, outreach and widening participation function of the QMUL. As a key member of the Marketing and Communications team, you will be the lead on insight, marketing strategy and implementation for QMUL, promoting the university, its programmes and attraction to students both in the UK and internationally.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development, implementation and review of marketing strategies
- Manage the delivery of high profile marketing projects and campaigns
- Managing student recruitment journeys and meeting growth targets
- Driving the planning and implementation of data-led insights programme aimed at increasing knowledge of current external audiences and informing marketing activities
- Collaborate with internal teams across the institution to prioritise the marketing of academic subjects and study levels
- Line managing Faculty Marketing Managers and functional specialist staff
- Lead on the analysis on marketing and recruitment performance and proactively update marketing and recruitment strategy
- Managing the budgets across all marketing activities
- Actively helping to drive the development of a high performance culture across the team
The Successful Applicant
You will be a marketing professional with extensive experience across the higher education sector. You will be an expert on leading marketing campaigns from the research and insight stage, through to marketing delivery and finally the recruitment process. You will be a modern marketer with great knowledge of current practices. You will also have:
- Experience leading marketing strategy for a higher education provider, with a history of delivering positive engagement and recruitment results
- Experience with modern marketing approaches and creatively utilising them across campaigns and projects
- Strong knowledge of the student recruitment process
- Strong knowledge of marketing insights, including audience segmentation and utilising this data to drive future campaigns
- Experience supporting on the delivery of major external events including Open Days
- Proven experience in line management and providing leadership and motivation to staff
- Experience of managing large budgets to deliver return on investment
What's on Offer
This is a full time, permanent role offering £54,000-£61,000 per annum plus benefits.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSZ14045051Z