Head of Strategic Marketing - 12 month FTC
Our client is a leading UK University and Russell Group member. With an incoming Vice Chancellor this is an exiciting time to be part of the organisation.
They have parking available on site.
Leading a team of 30 marketing professionals, the Head of Strategic Marketing will drive the development and delivery of strategic marketing activities to further the reputation and growth of the University in line with its strategic objectives and values.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead, develop and deliver integrated corporate marketing activities/campaigns that effectively deliver the targets of our key performance indicators.
- Work closely with Directors and colleagues in other professional services to seamlessly deliver marketing activities that meet user needs in each of our target markets and deliver the University objectives.
- Provide direct line management and leadership for a team of marketing and communications professionals.
- Continuously review competitor and non-HE marketing trends to identify new opportunities and ensure that the University is a market leader.
- Proactively provide strategic marketing advice and support to the University Executive Board and the wider University and further the credibility, importance and effectiveness of marketing to the reputation and economy of the University.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong business orientation, including demonstrable negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good knowledge and experience of successfully managing a team through change
- Proven and demonstrable experience of developing integrated marketing plans utilising the full communications mix
- Strong project management skills and coordination of a number of stakeholders and simultaneous projects in sometimes complex relationships and to multiple deadlines
- Experience and understanding of Higher Education student marketing would be highly desirable, however experience within professional services or B2C services would be relevant
- Good first degree or equivalent qualification
This is a really exciting time to join an organisation who are investing in key projects across the University to further its strategic objectives and values. If you are interested in discussing further please get in touch asap!
£55750 - £64,145 basic salary with excellent benefits
This is a 12 month fixed term contract to start in September.