Finance and Risk Officer - Inclusive Disability
Sightsavers implements projects in over 30 countries in Africa and South Asia. Our aim? To eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. The Project Finance and Risk Officer works closely with international country office staff all over the world and other support teams to ensure that projects funded by donors run smoothly.
Title: Project Finance and Risk Officer - Inclusive Disability
Location: Haywards Heath, UK
Contract: Full Time – Fixed Term Contract 24 Months
Salary: £31,000 per annum
This finance and budgets orientated role may be for you if:
- You have excellent administration and numerical skills and are a confident user of Excel. You are quick to notice irregularities yet you do not lose sight of the bigger picture. You enjoy solving problems and have a keen eye for improvement.
- You are proactive by nature and show initiative. You are comfortable taking decisions and have a good sense of when to escalate issues.
- You communicate clearly. You adapt your language and pace to suit your listeners. You are confident with stakeholder engagement, holding close working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in person as well as remotely.
- Last but not least, you are comfortable working in an international context, as this role will involve travelling to the countries we work in.
- If you have experience budgeting and finance, grants, accounts or project finance, or have a knowledge of DFID funding, it would be an advantage (although not essential), as is an interest in disability inclusion.
A typical day could include:
- Calling the finance manager of Nigeria to discuss pending issues in the financial report of their Disability Inclusion project
- Noticing an area for improvement in our review process. Making a note of it to bring up in our team meeting next week
- Dealing with ad-hoc requests about exchange rates and budget flexibility
- Attending a meeting with stakeholders across the organisation to kick-start the proposal application for a £1mn project in Bangladesh
- Filling out a payroll journal that charges staff time to donors
- Pausing your work on the payroll journal to review a financial report that just arrived in your inbox from the Kenya office. You send it to the Senior Finance & Risk Officer for final sign-off, who then submits it to the Fund Management Team.
The Project Finance and Risk Officer will be based in our Head Office in Haywards Heath, an easy commute from London or Brighton and we offer travel loans and discounts. There will be some flexibility to work from home and some international travel will be required.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills, please read the complete job description for further details.
More searches like this
- Administration International Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Operations & Service Delivery International Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Finance & Legal International Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- International Development International Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Policy & Research International Full Time jobs in London (Greater)