Global Programmes and Projects Director
Job Title: Global Programmes and Projects Director
Hours / Contract: Full-time / Permanent
Salary Package: Circa £85k
The Martin James Foundation believe that every child has the right to grow up and thrive – in a safe, secure and loving home and their vision is a world in which children do not live in institutions. The foundation are seeking an exceptional Global Programmes and Projects Director to join their Senior Management Team (SMT).
Reporting to the Global Chief Executive you will provide the strategic leadership for the overall development, delivery and learning of the foundation’s international programmes. As part of the SMT the Programme and Projects Director will be directly involved in the development and implementation of organisation-wide annual, and longer-term strategic plans, as well as participating in the evolution of global strategies and initiatives.
The key responsibilities are:
- Provide strategic, management and technical support to country teams to ensure the quality implementation of the foundation’s programme of work
- Ensure programmes contribute to the delivery of the Global Strategic Framework
- Have oversight of planning processes for country programmes, working with country CEO’s and staff to ensure that budgets are well planned and monitored
- Ensure that good practice and knowledge is shared between country programmes and informs programme design and delivery
- Engage in key debates in the international development sector with both practitioners and academies
- Provide leadership as part of the SMT, taking the lead in monitoring risks and acting as required, including issues related to compliance with legislation (local and global), safeguarding, health and safety, fraud, staff conduct and security, liaising with relevant staff across the organisation
As the successful candidate you will have a significant track record in strategic leadership positions in the international development sector, including managing large scale programme delivery. Your experience will include international programme management and development for children and young people’s services or advocacy. You will be able to communicate fluently to different audiences, whilst building strategic alliances and partnerships with external stakeholders.
To apply for this pivotal role, and to receive further information, please send your CV and Supporting Statement to Jenny Warner and Adam Stacey at Charisma Charity Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference JO1703.
Closing date for applications: 6 October 2019
1st Interview date: 6/7 or 13/14 November
2nd Interview date: 28 Nov or 4/5 December
More searches like this
- Senior Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in West Midlands Region
- Operations & Service Delivery Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in West Midlands Region
- Business Development & Commercial Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in West Midlands Region
- International Development Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in West Midlands Region