Listening Fund Project Worker
The post holder will be responsible for sustaining interest in the project among young people using IYC’s services and for communicating with them regularly, mainly via social media and mobile phone contact, to elicit their views. The post holder will also be responsible for collating young people’s feedback passed on by staff/volunteers and sessional group facilitators. The efficient recording of data is a critical part of the role. So too is summarising information received, coordinating the flow of information to staff/trustees for decision making and conveying responses to young people. The post holder will also be required to initiate, schedule and attend occasional user group meetings and contribute to service reviews/reports. Some flexibility in hours worked during weekdays may be required.
The charity is considering investing in Mind of My Own and the post holder will be central to the assessment of the cost/benefit of this.
As a small charity, IYC requires a team effort across all its activities. Given the social media & communications skills required in this role, the post holder will also be expected to contribute to the charity’s PR efforts by helping produce content for the charity’s website, social media facebook, twitter, linkedin) and other communication channels.
Listening Fund Project
- Devise/deliver marketing to promote the LF project among young people using IYC’s services and encourage them to give their views expanding the significance of It’s Your Voice
- Undertake further marketing as required to make young people aware of different elements of the project as they come on stream
- Analyse young people’s data to ensure they’ve consented to participate and to note their preferred method of contact
- Using WhatsApp, other social media, mobile phone or other communication methods preferred by young people, make contact with a target number of young people each week to encourage their feedback
- Be the point of contact for all other feedback (including informal feedback) received via staff/volunteers, groupwork facilitators and any other sources
- Set up and maintain an electronic record of all feedback received
- Produce a fortnightly summary of key feedback and submit to team meetings/trustee meetings for consideration/decision making
- Record decisions made/actions taken and report back to young people
- Participate in project reviews/funder reports
- Promote the development of groups of young people (IYC users and non IYC users) to hear their views
- Coordinate the scheduling, venue booking and other arrangements for group meetings liaising with young people attending these groups and the Group Facilitators to ensure everyone has the necessary information
- Contribute to the establishment and operation of an IYC Trustee Advisory Group and attend as required
- Produce content about the work/activity of the charity for the IYC website, social media (linkedin, facebook and twitter) and other communication channels as required
- Contribute to general marketing/PR of the charity as required
- Fully comply with all IYC’s policies and procedures including its equal opportunity, safeguarding and health & safety policies
- Attend mandatory ‘in house’ training as required
- Represent the values and ethos of IYC at all times