The Social Interest Group (SIG)
The Social Interest Group (SIG) is set up to bring small and medium charities together to work under one umbrella to focus on delivering good quality social and health care services for people who are recovering from mental illness, substance and alcohol misuse and homelessness. They also provide rehabilitation services for offenders in prison and ex-offenders in the community and who may be vulnerable or be living chaotic and complex lives
SIG (the parent company), their subsidiaries Penrose, SIG Investments and Equinox Care, work to tackle social and health care inequalities and fill gaps in service provision in order to ensure that people in our society have every opportunity to live fulfilled, healthy and constructive lives.
Through their values they are committed to:
• Delivering excellence and innovation
• Promoting equality and mutual respect
• A belief that positive change is possible
• Involving and consulting service users
• Active citizenship and community involvement
• Valuing staff, harnessing their full potential
Following a review of the Group Board and Governance framework in November 2018, SIG are now seeking two Board Trustees to join the Group Board/s with specific areas of expertise in Clinical and Finance.
The successful candidates will demonstrate:
• A clear commitment to the mission and values of the Group
• The capacity to participate actively and from an informed position
• A willingness to use personal networks and resources of relevance to their charitable purpose
• Specialist knowledge of relevance to the Group, particularly in relation to the business sector; clinical (mental health/social care); finance.
• Experience as a service user/carer/or a track record at a senior level in a not-for-profit, private or public sector organisation;
• A passion for SIG, and to promoting SIG and its subsidiaries as an organisation
Meetings are held in the evening at their head office in the Angel/Highbury & Islington area; there are 4 meetings plus one ‘away day’ each year. The total time commitment is in the region of four hours per month.
These unremunerated roles are open to all who meet the essential criteria. To apply for this exceptional opportunity, please send your CV and Supporting Statement to Jenny Warner, Managing Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information, please call on 0207 998 8888.
Closing date for applications: 23 October 2019
Interview date: w/c 11 November 2019
Apply for Trustees
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly