Regional Training and Development Officer
We’re looking for a Training and Development Officer for South Yorkshire, Humberside and North Cambridgeshire to develop existing teams of volunteers from local churches as well as to grow new teams.
Position: Open the Book Regional Training and Development Officer
Location: South Yorkshire (Homebased)
Hours: Part-Time, 2.5 days per week
Salary: £27,000–£30,000 pa pro rata
Benefits: Flexible Working, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Family Time benefits including TOIL, 25 day’s holiday (plus bank holidays) holiday trading, discounted gym membership, Health Cash Plan or Private Medical, Cycle Scheme, Annual Staff Day, Life Assurance, Tastecard, Loyalty Awards, Staff Events, Free tea and coffee and free car parking
Closing date: 9am 13 September
Interview date: 23 September
Our clients mission is to bring the Bible to life around the world. They are driven by the conviction that when people engage with the Bible their lives can change, for good.
Open the Book is a project which offers primary school children an opportunity to hear Bible stories at school, told to them by volunteers from local churches.
As Regional Training and Development Officer you will:
- Develop existing Open the Book teams of volunteers from local churches as well as to grow new teams, spreading the vision of Open the Book.
- Deliver training to new, existing and prospective teams in your region
- Represent Open the Book (OtB) at events, conferences, festivals and churches
A skilled communicator, you will bring with you the following knowledge and experience:
- Proven experience of delivering training
- Knowledge and empathy with churches in your region.
- Knowledge of safeguarding rules and regulations with the ability to communicate these to individuals and groups
- Proven experience of building, developing and maintaining excellent working relationships
- A personal passion for the Bible to be heard.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please provide your CV and a 250-word statement that sets out your experience and skills in relation to this role.
About the Organisation
Our clients mission is to offer the Bible to the world. Their vision is of a world where everyone has access to the Bible and can recognise its value for them, their families and communities. Working for a Christian charity, this is a great opportunity to work for an investors in people gold employer who have won awards for their excellence in investing in people. They are committed to the development of all staff and have fantastic charity-sector benefits to help motivate and retain exceptional people.
You may also have experience in areas such as; Church Engagement, Training and Development, Church and Community Development, etc.