Marketing and Communications Manager
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative Marketing and Communications Manager to lead all marketing and communications within our client’s festivals programme of The Arches – Worcester project.
Position: Festivals Marketing and Communications Manager
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Contract: Fixed term contract until 31 March 2022
Benefits: 25 days per annum (plus Bank Holidays), company pension scheme, discounted and free tickets for Severn Arts events and activities, free parking, modern spacious office, career progression within the sector.
Closing Date: Friday 20 September
Interviews: Thursday 3 October
The Arches – Worcester will transform eight railway arches between Foregate Street Station and the riverside into a brand new cultural destination.
Our client is a principle partner in The Arches - Worcester project and is the lead organisation for the festivals strand, responsible for recruitment and management of festival staff and the development and delivery of the festival programme.
The Festivals Marketing and Communications Manager, will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of a marketing and communications strategy and plan for the festivals programme within the project.
- Planning, implementing and evaluating all marketing and communications activities.
- Managing press and media liaison and publicity campaigns.
- Raising the profile of the festivals programme regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Communicating and build relationships with local, regional and national media.
- Working with the festivals team to co-ordinate and promote the festivals.
- Commissioning, supervising and monitoring the work of external suppliers.
- Working with the Festivals Director and Producer to build strong supporter relationships.
- Brand management.
- Develop and implement appropriate digital strategies to support audience development.
The Festivals Marketing and Communications Manager will have strong experience in brand and audience development and will be expected to work with the Festivals Director, Development Manager and Producer to play a key role in embedding the festivals within the city, as it grows into a new cultural destination. You will be a confident and enthusiastic ambassador and networker, brining with you:
- A degree level or equivalent experience of working in a marketing and communications management role.
- Current knowledge of digital applications and social media networks and platforms.
- Experience of leading and implementing marketing and communications strategies.
- Experience of managing a budget.
- Experience of digital marketing and working with press and media.
- Proven effective copywriting, editorial and proof-reading skills.
If you have not heard from us by 6pm on Wednesday 25 September, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an organisation that is passionate about music and the arts and their power to transform and enrich lives. If you want to work for an organisation where its more than just a job and you have the skills they are looking for, then we want to hear from you! With a great benefits package, this truly is an amazing opportunity!
About the Organisation
Our client is a leading arts and music education charity in Worcestershire. They provide music education in and out of school and lead arts development for the county, meaning more artistic activity for communities.
You may also be interested in this role if you have worked in areas such as Marketing Officer, Marketing Manager, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications.