Principal Consultant (Strategy & Leadership)
1 day left
- Contract Type
NPC is looking for a Principal Consultant with expertise in systems change and strategy to join our busy and innovative consulting team on a full time or part time basis.
NPC is the leading, independent consultancy and think tank for the UK social sector, working with charities, philanthropic funders and policymakers to achieve the greatest possible social impact for the people, places and causes that need it.
Our consultancy department works with some of the leading charities and funders in the social sector, helping them to have greater impact. We do this through helping organisations think about their strategy and goals, their contribution to systems change and how they can work better with their service users. Our clients and funders include the National Lottery Community Fund, Scope, Friends Provident Foundation and many other small to large charities and funders. Our consultancy works with our think tank to provide thought leadership for the sector.
As a Principal within the Strategy and Leadership Team you will primarily undertake strategy and research projects for charities and funders, but also have plenty of chances to contribute to NPC’s wider thinking, profile and engagement in the sector. You will be responsible for leading and developing an area of NPC’s work. This is an exciting opportunity if you have a passion for making the charity sector more effective.
About the role
The role includes:
- Developing our work on strategy and systems change. Advocating for these approaches within the sector, writing research reports, and advising clients on how to develop effective strategies and systems change approaches.
- Working with senior members of the Research and Consultancy team to update our strategy and business plan, and develop business that meets the business plan. This involves responding to enquiries for work, as well as proactively developing new business.
- Leading client projects and managing client relationships. This involves working with a team of consultants to ensure that client work meets the objectives of the client, taking responsibility for ensuring high quality work.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years’ experience of working in a relevant environment, working in the charity sector, consulting, or professional services. You will have experience of systems change and strategy, either from practice or consulting basis, and be interested in sharing your knowledge more widely in the sector. You will have excellent research, stakeholder management and facilitation skills, and be able to work flexibly and independently. You will have experience of developing business and scoping projects.
Based in London. We are open to applicants who wish to work on a full-time or part-time basis, at least 30 hours per week.
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum, pro rata, dependent on experience.
How to apply
We are an equal opportunities employer. As part of the application process we ask that you complete an equal opportunities form (which can be found on the NPC website). Information supplied will be treated in confidence. If you do not wish to complete the equal opportunities form, it will not influence your application in any way.
To apply, please send:
- a cover letter (no longer than two sides) that highlights the attributes that you believe that you would bring to this role. We are particularly interested in:
- experience and knowledge of systems change and strategy approaches;
- experience and knowledge of the charity sector;
- experience managing and influencing stakeholders;
- experience managing multiple projects; and
- business development experience.
- your CV
- a completed equal opportunities form
to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of 12 noon Monday 23rd September 2019. Please include the job reference in the subject of your email along with where you saw the job advertisement. Your cover letter will be used in the initial screening of your application.
If you would like to speak to someone about the role before applying, please email the Director of Consulting, Angela Kail on angela.kail@thinkNPC.org
Interviews will take place weeks commencing 27th September (1st round) and 30th October (2nd round).
Apply for Principal Consultant (Strategy & Leadership)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly