Human Resources and Finance Assistant
To assist the Finance and Human Resources Manager in all aspects of human resources, finance, fundraising and health and safety administration. This is a developmental role with the scope to develop skills and knowledge in a range of functions.
1.Human resources administration
- Organise staff and volunteer recruitment including placing of advertisements and responding to enquiries, contacting applicants and setting up selection interviews.
- Process administration for new starters including seeking references, DBS checks, issuing employment contracts and setting up induction programmes.
- Maintain up to date staff records including both electronic and paper based filing systems and ensure timely communications to staff regarding variations to their contracts and other HR matters as advised by the Finance and HR Manager.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of data protection regulations and ensure adherence to the regulations
2. Finance and fundraising support
- Input invoices and other financial transactions onto our finance software, Quickbooks
- Maintain records of grants and donations received; process gift aid claims; keep fundraising pages up to date on the Peeple website
- Liaise with suppliers of services (phones, copiers, couriers etc) to ensure contracts meet organisational needs and renew contracts as necessary as instructed by the Finance and HR Manager
3. Health and safety administration
- Keep health and safety systems and records up to date; conduct health and safety induction for new staff and organise health and safety training Conduct regular risk assessments of premises and the working environment reporting to the Finance and HR Manager Set up and take minutes at Health and Safety meetings
- Support the Finance and Human Resources Manager with other areas of work as required, for example, intellectual property rights and premises management and maintenance
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer
- Work flexibly with other administrative staff in Peeple and support the general administration needs of the organisation.
- Implement all Peeple policies including health and safety, equal opportunities, confidentiality and data protection.
- Undertake other duties as required consistent with the skills and experience required by this post.