Diverse Abilities are a Dorset based charity who are looking to recruit an energetic, creative individual to lead and manage their established Fundraising team.
Diverse Abilities support children and adults throughout Dorset with often complex disabilities to live more independently and enjoy a wide range of day to day activities. Services include Lily’s, childrens respite home, Langside School, Supported Living and the Beehive centre for adults.
The fundraising team are crucial for the ongoing success of these important services which offer support for so many people throughout Dorset.
The role will involve leading and managing the revenue Fundraising team to maximise revenue and maintain the smooth running of the team and ensure that the charity is represented well at all times.
The post holder will lead all aspects of the revenue fundraising, developing and delivering a strategic plan and managing associated budgets.
The role is crucial to the success of the charity’s short and long-term objectives. The post holder can expect to work with a high degree of autonomy and decision-making authority, working closely with the CEO, the Trustee board, the Fundraising Committee and wider operational services.
Key duties include:
· Provide leadership for the revenue fundraising department, reporting to the Chief Executive
· Lead in the delivery of fundraising plans designed to increase income and productivity
· Lead the fundraising team to design, organise and deliver successful fundraising initiatives and events
· Line manage Events Manager, Corporate & Community Manager, Trust Fundraiser.
· Lead regular fundraising team meetings and ensure actions are followed
· Take responsibility for recruitment within the fundraising team if required, as well as retention, and the continued development and coaching of staff, including performance reviews
· Be accountable for revenue income of the fundraising team
· Work with the finance department to ensure appropriate recording of all fundraised income and accurate year end reconciliation
· Oversee budgets
· Oversee efficient, proactive use of the database
· Assist and guide team as necessary with Trust, Event or Corporate grant applications
· Manage annual Thank You Day
· Oversee the supporter recognition programme corresponding to different giving values, focusing on how Diverse Abilities engages and celebrates donors, for delivery by Individual Giving Fundraiser
· Oversee the Donor Recognition Plan and Individual Giving Programme
· Manage HNWI stewardship programme
· Ensure compliance with fundraising regulations, including GDPR
· Oversee Fundraising Regulator and ICO subscriptions and reporting
· Handle any fundraising complaints
· Undertake speaking engagements as required
· Work with the Development Manager on projects as required
To be successful in the role, the individual must be able to evidence the following:
· Able to work evenings/weekends when necessary
· Full UK, driving licence
· Strong IT skills in MS Office and Fundraising Database and CRM databases
· Experience managing teams and individuals with the ability to motivate through this time of growth
· Conversant with Codes of Fundraising Practice and Fundraising Regulation
· Experience managing external and internal relationships
· Strong communicator, able to build rapport and influence
· Experience of devising and delivering different types of fundraising programmes to grow income
· Ability to budget, forecast and interpret financial and statistical information
Good project management skills