The historic Middle Temple is one of the four Inns of Court which have the exclusive right to call men and women, who have completed the necessary academic qualifications, to the Bar of England and Wales. As well as calling men and women to the bar, Middle Temple is a members’ organisation for barristers and provides them with various services and amenities.
The Development Officer post is a new role and will work closely with the Associate Director of Development to secure sustainable income and provide scholarships to the Bar and Heritage funding as required. It is an exciting time to join the organisation and to build new income pipelines for Middle Temple.
This role would suit a driven individual with relevant experience within a marketing or fundraising organisation who leads through their ability to organise and deliver projects, can engage audiences ranging from barristers to senior judges through honed communication skills, and who can ultimately deliver engaging development campaigns to increase income and reach targets.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To work with the Associate Director of Development (ADD) to help develop and increase income to build a sustainable pipeline for Middle Temple.
- Help establish and maintain a fundraising CRM database.
- To actively and effectively promote fundraising opportunities to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Research internal and external stakeholders, future acquisition targets and external funding sources including Trusts and Corporates.
- Increase internal knowledge and confidence in relation to fundraising.
- With the ADD to build targeted stewardship programmes and increase engagement with supporters and members.
- Write funding applications where applicable, monitor, track donations and keep financial records up to date.
- Work with website & social media teams to agree development messages and include regular campaigns in the organisation’s communications plans.
- Build relationships with funders and supporters, working with project leads and keep them engaged and involved in development programmes.