Legacy Administration Assistant
3 days left
- Contract Type
Legacies are a vital income stream for Christian Aid, making possible a tenth of all we do. Our legacy administration team liaise with solicitors and lay executors to ensure that some 400 cases a year are dealt with sensitively and efficiently. We are seeking a capable part time Legacy Administration Assistant to work in this small team. If you have an eye for detail and good inter-personal skills necessary to deal with sensitive correspondence, we’d love to see your application.
More than half the world lives in poverty. Poverty is an outrage against humanity. It robs people of dignity, freedom and hope, of power over their own lives. Christian Aid has a vision – an end to poverty – and we believe that vision can become a reality. We are striving to bring lasting change to the lives of the poorest communities. We work wherever there is great need, helping people to find their own solutions to the problems they face, irrespective of their religion, caste or creed. If you’re passionate about positive change across the world, then this job might be for you.
In this role, you will have assigned cases, checking our entitlement, issuing receipts within delegated levels and maintaining records as necessary. The team prepare monthly reports for finance and the legacy marketing team, and you will be responsible for some of these.
Other duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Reviewing legacy correspondence, photocopying, scanning, filling, collecting and distributing post as appropriate.
- With support from the Legacy Administration Officers/Manager, manage all new legacy notifications.
- Recording legacy cases and all appropriate information in the databases.
- With support from the Legacy Administration Officers/Manager, correspond with the solicitors or executors and send appropriate letter of condolence to the next of kin, together with other relevant information.
- Setting up regular reviews in line with the Charity’s policy until the completion of the administration.
- Liaising with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Satisfying the requirements of SORP 2015 to ensure Christian Aid receives its full entitlement by requesting a copy of the relevant documentation as outlined by the Legacy Administration Manager.
What we are looking for:
- Educated to A Level or equivalent
- Excellent Administration skills
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and databases
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Clear and articulate communication style appropriate to sensitive nature of some legacy communications is essential for this role.