Data Visualisation Officer
Sightsavers’ vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. We are an international organisation working with partners in developing countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for people with disabilities. Sightsavers offers a great place to work within easy reach of London and Brighton.
Job title: Data Visualisation Officer
Location: Haywards Heath
Contract type: Two-year fixed term contract
Sightsavers is going through a digital transformation in data analytics through the provision of Power BI reports to all relevant user groups within the organisation. We are looking for a Data Visualisation Officer to help us take the next step in promoting a data driven culture within the organisation. Data analytics is increasingly supporting the management, development and monitoring of programmes and projects throughout Sightsavers Portfolio and the implementation of the Microsoft Power Platform is the next step in this.
The Data Visualisation Officer will work within the Data Analytics and Reporting Team to produce and maintain a suite of Power BI reports. As this is done the role holder will provide training and continued support for staff across the international organisation to support the adoption of data visualisation software into their normal working practices
To ensure that Power BI provides the best quality data analytics and highest possible data quality, the Data Visualisation Officer (DVO) will build the capacity of Sightsavers country offices through the data management assistance process. This process is our methodology for ensuring good practice in data management and to ensure that a strong culture for data use and visual analytics is at the heart of all our project work.
It is anticipated the position will involve some international travel of up to 12 weeks per year.
We are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic about data, has excellent organisational and relationship-building skills as well as high attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have:
- An undergraduate degree (a Master’s would be desirable) in international development, international relations, geography, statistics or appropriate equivalent.
- Knowledge of the application of technological solutions to solve international development challenges.
- Understanding of good data cleaning practices to prepare data sets for use in analytics software.
- Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing a training programme.
- Experience working and supporting staff in different contexts (face to face, online).
- Understanding of international development issues and a commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people.
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Knowledge of mHealth and the use of new technology in a health care setting.
- Relevant overseas experience i.e. either professional or voluntary work.
This is an exciting and involved role. Please read the full job description for further details.
We anticipate that interviews will take place w/c 23 September 2019.
Closing date: 15 September 2019