You will be responsible for researching and sourcing appropriate content for website, that provides visitors with the information they are seeking.
Where necessary, ensure that the necessary permissions are obtained to publish third party materials.
Work closely with colleagues to develop robust evaluation processes, gathering evidence of visitor satisfaction in order to drive content improvements and relevance.
Key tasks and main duties
1. Liaise with colleagues across the organisation to implement the website content plan, adhering to timescales.
2. Undertake desktop research to identify relevant content for information pages on website, according to website content plan
3. Communicate professionally with organisations or writers of identified material and obtain necessary publishing permissions
4. Write additional content in support of sourced information that is engaging and attractive to the audience
5. Ensure that information pages maintain a consistent tone and present a coherent information “package”
6. Ensure all sourced information content is authoritative, relevant to the UK audience, credible and, where necessary, is attributed to its source
7. Ensure all content is accessible, satisfies audience need and reflects tone and brand
8. Ensure information content is optimised for search
9. Devise and implement a system to gather visitor feedback. Report to senior managers, providing recommendations to drive improvements that reflect visitor needs
10. Ensure that Equality and Diversity policies are embedded in all aspects of your work.
11. Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the Society’s learners/service users and all other children and young people/vulnerable adults that have contact with the organisation.
This Job Description cannot be considered to be exhaustive and other duties not included above may arise from time to time. On the understanding that such duties are commensurate with the purpose of the job and have been identified by the post holder’s line manager and advised to the post holder, then such additional duties shall form part of the requirements of this post.
Professional and Educational Qualifications:
Degree level or equivalent
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Proven track record in a similar role – minimum two years’ experience in creating and managing targeted web content
• High levels of motivation, self-management and initiative
• Exceptional written communication skills in English
• Strong, confident verbal communication skills to present in a credible and professional manner that engenders trust in our content partners
• Proven experience of content research and webpage management
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience across a number of web platforms
• Ability to grasp new concepts and present them to a variety of audiences
• Knowledge of intellectual property regulations and commitment to ethical business practices
• Demonstrated critical and creative thinking
• Excellent influencing skills
• Good reporting skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail
• Understanding of third sector environment
• Ability to work within a multi-function team, sharing resources to maximise impact.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and cultural sensibility
• A desire to effect social change through personal actions
• Understanding of the needs of vision impaired people
• Experience of working with disabled people, particularly vision impaired young people
The Society is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, all posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check from the Disclosure and Barring Service and 2 satisfactory professional references.
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.