Family Engagement Worker – London
3 days left
- Contract Type
Our client is looking for Family Engagement Workers for London.
You will be part of an expanding, diverse team at the forefront of delivering therapeutic support to children and families with a Visual Impairment. You will have fortnightly supervision with the Clinical Lead for the service and be home-based, providing home visits, clinic-based appointments, liaising with other professionals and maintaining links with the networks in your area.
Experience of working with people who are vision impaired, or who have a disability, is desirable but not essential. Experience of working therapeutically with families is required.
• Academic ability as evidenced by 1st degree with a 2:1 grade in a subject related to a relevant field (psychology, social science, education or health)
• Ability to establish a therapeutic relationship with families and CYP demonstrated by a qualification that provides eligibility for Professional registration / membership (e.g. BACP, UKCP, HCPC, BPS, AFT etc).
Skills, Experience and Knowledge – Essential
• Experience in working therapeutically with families – this is different to setting up new services or managing teams
• Knowledge of children’s development – from experience or qualification
• Knowledge of family systems/systemic practice – from experience or qualification
• Evidence of knowledge in relevant professional areas (children, families, counselling, therapy, social work, nursing)
• Experience of working with children with disabilities across age range 0-18 minimum in teaching or therapeutic intervention role (not just managing a service). Minimum of one year in total
• Knowledge and practical experience of using non-directive therapeutic interventions with families
• Experience of providing effective interventions to support the development and wellbeing of children with disabilities
• Proven ability to maintain accurate case files where outcomes are clearly defined
• Ability and commitment to assess need and implement evidenced based interventions in line with best practice
• Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with families, children and young people
• Knowledge and/or the willingness develop understanding of vision impairment, its implications and impact
• A clear understanding of, and the ability to practise within, appropriate professional boundaries, whilst maintaining an appropriate level of empathy and support
• Good knowledge of other professional roles and expertise in the field of childhood disability
• Good knowledge of the Framework for Statutory Assessment and understanding of the SEND Reforms and Code of Practice
• Good report writing and IT skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to network effectively
• Experience of, and ability to use, supervision effectively.
Salary: From £33,500 per annum
Please apply by emailing a supporting statement and CV.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
Apply for Family Engagement Worker – London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly