Training and Conferences Project Officer
Overview of the post
The Centre delivers a wide range of training and conferences, aimed mainly at mental-health and allied professionals and are core to the Centre’s mission of disseminating skills in innovative practice, as well as being a way of generating income.
The trainings last between one and nine days and are held both internally in the Centre’s training rooms, and externally in various settings. The training content ranges from teaching specific therapeutic methods for working with people to helping professionals gain deeper understanding of types of patient behaviour through research methods.
Adaptive Mentalization-Based Integrative Treatment (AMBIT) is a mentalization-based framework designed for use by teams who work with clients who have multiple needs and find help hard to make use of. It is applicable to voluntary sector, social care and NHS services and each team can adapt the AMBIT approach to its own specific context. The AMBIT approach can be used by practitioners from a range of professional and non-professional backgrounds including social workers, nurses, psychologists, youth workers etc. The AMBIT Programme runs a variety of training offers to teams, including multi-team trainings, Train the Trainer and bespoke trainings to larger systems.
Purpose of the post
We are looking for an efficient, hardworking Training and Conferences Officer to work as part of a small team to help administer the Centre’s training and conferences and lead on certain training programmes. The role would ideally suit a candidate with strong administrative skills who has experience of working in a busy office environment within an events or not-for-profit organisation.
Duties and responsibilities
Training and Conferences Project Officer (21 hours per week)
- Be the primary administrative point of contact for certain training programmes including Interpersonal Psychotherapy Training (IPT)
- Coordinate and administer bookings relating to the online e-learning programmes;
- Maintain a log of supervision arrangements and invoice accordingly for these;
- Support and monitor the importing of trainees and contacts on the contact database;
- Distribute invoices and monitor payments and budgets for training and conferences;
- Maintain confidential material distribution systems for sensitive training material;
- Help coordinate training staff and resources to ensure effective delivery of trainings and consultations nationally;
- Where necessary, help to distribute pre-course materials and post-course tasks (distributing homework materials and maintaining progress records);
- Provide administrative and practical support to the Training and Conferences team to ensure the successful running of the training and events calendar nationally and internationally;
- Support the Training and Conferences team in researching marketing strategies for trainings and conferences;
- Where necessary, be responsible for organising specific course team meetings, writing agendas, taking minutes and sharing these minutes.
AMBIT Project Officer (14 hours per week)
- To work closely with the AMBIT Project Lead and Executive Steering Group to provide coordination in support of the delivery and development of the whole AMBIT project;
- Coordinate AMBIT staff and resources to ensure effective management of enquiries and existing relationships, and ensure effective delivery of training, consultation, supervision and research;
- Support the expansion of the AMBIT Project team through liaising with Trainers and Assistant Trainers and their managers, organising contracts and equipment for new AMBIT staff. Logging the number of days that staff work on the project, and updating the project group via email about any project developments;
- Provide administrative support to ensure the successful implementation of the AMBIT Project plan, including regular monitoring of key objectives;
- Organise monthly AMBIT steering group project meetings, writing agendas for these and taking minutes and drawing up action plans, and monitor the training capacity of the team.