Head of Supporter Engagement (maternity leave)
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
To lead on VSO’s Supporter Engagement strategy, providing expertise, leadership and direction to the Supporter Engagement team. To achieve income in excess of £4.5m during 2019/20 through supporter recruitment, retention, special events and legacy giving and to implement mass acquisition campaigns that will help to double the team’s income contribution. To provide expertise and leadership in individual giving across other areas of VSO.
Skills, qualifications and experience
You will be an experienced fundraiser who is up for the challenge of helping to shape our future. VSO is investing significant resource in growing its fundraising program and we need someone to help us on this journey over the next year. Specifically you should have experience of managing teams, recruiting and retaining supporters, the digital world, budgets but most of all you should be an innovator who gets the importance of engagement and retention.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce. We also offer a range of benefits, including;
• A friendly and supportive office environment
• Opportunities for flexible working and working from home
• Generous annual leave of 37 days (inclusive of public holidays)
• Competitive pension with Scottish Widows
• Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme
• Personal accident insurance
• Opportunities for professional development, including a range of online self-study modules, coaching and workshops
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in UK before you apply.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Poverty Relief Full Time jobs in Kingston Upon Thames
- Senior Management Poverty Relief Full Time jobs in Kingston Upon Thames
- Management Poverty Relief Full Time jobs in Kingston Upon Thames
- Corporate Fundraising Poverty Relief Full Time jobs in Kingston Upon Thames
- Events Fundraising Poverty Relief Full Time jobs in Kingston Upon Thames