Mental Health Project Organiser
1 year fixed term until September 2020
21 hours per week over 3 days (0.6 FTE)
Citizens Advice Milton Keynes is a local charity that helps people to resolve their legal, money and personal problems. The organisation has been providing free, confidential, and impartial advice since 1972 and helps approximately 10,000 local people every year.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and confident person to join our small team of staff. The successful candidate will support volunteers and service users of The Mix MK.
The Mix MK was developed in 2015 to provide a safe, relaxed space for local people to meet and share information about mental health services in Milton Keynes. Co-designed by mental health service users, carers and professionals from the statutory and voluntary sector, the group has expanded over the last 3 years to become a valuable community resource that for many of its users –
- Reduces social isolation
- Provides access to mainstream services that offer practical support
- Improves wellbeing
- Prevents relapse and the need to re-enter acute psychiatric care ,a local group that provides people with Mental Health issues and their carers, a safe and friendly environment in which to access services.
With grant funding from Milton Keynes Community Foundation, Citizens Advice Milton Keynes will be supporting The Mix MK over the next 12 months to become more sustainable, build essential infrastructure and governance systems and increase and develop the number of sessions running each week. The MHPO will work with both the Director of Citizens Advice and the small committee of organisers at The Mix to recruit additional volunteers, promote and represent the service, and build important links with other health and community organisations.
The MHPO will be based at both Acorn House and at The Mix drop in sessions which currently run at Unity Park Station in Central Milton Keynes, and from Crosslinks in Bletchley.
Successful applicants will need to show –
- Competence and confidence in using IT, and specifically using IT applications and resources on websites.
- Clear and accurate communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Ability to listen, understand and use information
- Ability to work in a team, be organised and manage time effectively
- Confidence in chairing and attending meetings and be able to represent the organisation’s aims and values.
A background in advice giving is not essential as this is not an advice-giving role, however we will provide full training on our triage system to the successful candidate.
The successful Applicant/s will be asked to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check due to the need for this post to form close working relationships with vulnerable adults.
Closing date: Wednesday 28th August 2019 at Midday
Interviews: w/c Monday 2nd September 2019
To Apply: E-mail – Recruitment@mkcab.org.uk or call 01908 545167 for an application form