Assistant Director of Research
Prospectus are pleased to be working with a leading UK health charity who are in need of an Assistant Director of Research (Strategy & Partnership) for a 7 month Maternity Cover.
Reporting into the Head of Research, the Assistant Director Research (Strategy & Partnership) will support the delivery of the Research Directorate's strategic objectives:
- Enabling the charity's transition from being a passive research funder to a proactive catalyst of accelerated research impact.
- Ensuring research partnership investment is targeted towards critical gaps in research.
- Overseeing the translation of existing impact and future vision into increased financial support.
- Co-ordinating Clinical Studies Groups and having delivery oversight to lead the co-ordination and delivery of research road maps from the work of the Clinical Studies Groups.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Develop and deliver the strategy for the Research Funding and Research Communications teams. Set and deliver long term objectives for these teams.
- Oversee research funding and research communications budgets, having overall responsibility for prioritisation, allocation and procurement of resources within the research teams.
- Make complex decisions with significant risks and long-term impact on the directorate's ability to deliver the strategy. They may also impact on the external reputation of the charity.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- High level scientific knowledge within a medical discipline.
- Research governance and communications.
- Grant management and budgeting.
The ideal candidate for this job will be:
- Educated to degree and preferably PHD level in science discipline.
- Keen to innovate and develop the charity's research activities.
- Skilled in managing large scale, high risk projects.
Please upload your CV in Word format.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis therefore if this role is of interest please apply ASAP
A Prospectus consultant will be reviewing applications and suitable candidates may be invited in to interview in person at the Prospectus office