Chief Executive Officer
Key Objective for the role
Working closely with the Board of Trustees, the CEO will provide the leadership to achieve Epic Partners’ vision. The CEO will ensure that the strategic planning, financial security and effective human resources are in place to develop and maintain the charity’s work and good reputation.
Role & Responsibilities
Working with the Board of Trustees
- Ensure Epic Partners continues the pursuit of the charity’s vision, values and charitable objects
- Develop the charity’s strategic plan and implement agreed activities for change
- Work with the Trustees to enable them to fulfil the Board’s governance functions
- Identify the skills and experience required on the Board and assist in the recruitment, induction and training of new trustees
- Ensure full statutory compliance for all aspects of Epic Partners as a charity, staying fully informed of new requirements and keeping the Board of Trustees informed
- Agree an annual budget with the Board of Trustees and report regularly on Epic Partners’ financial state to the Board
Leading and Managing
- Manage all aspects of day to day management and leadership of Epic Partners ensuring quality, relevant services are delivered in the local community of St Ann’s and Sneinton.
- Ensure Epic Partners complies with employment legislation and that all policies and procedures are in place to meet statutory requirements accessing the support and advice from an identified HR consultant.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection and training of new staff and the continued development of current staff.
- Line manage members of the management team and ultimately ensure the welfare of all staff.
- Ensure performance management and quality systems are in place to monitor and evaluate the work and processes.
- Plan and allocate resources to ensure project targets and goals are met embracing a spirit of teamwork.
- Ensure Epic Partners understands and meets the needs of the local community and has effective feedback systems in place about the relevance and quality of its services.
- Take a lead role in the management and overseeing of our partnership projects, ensuring funders and delivery partners are satisfied with the progress and development of the project.
- Continue with their own personal development and takes advantage of coaching and training opportunities.
Financial Management and Income Generation
- Hold overall responsibility for the financial and operational management of Epic Partners.
- Ensure financial procedures and systems are in place to support the running of the organisation on a strong financial basis.
- Develop and lead on an income generation and fundraising strategy including writing bids to ensure the financial viability and future sustainability of Epic Partners.
- Maintain and develop relationships with current and potentially new funding partners, including businesses, trusts and grant makers.
Public Relations, Networking and Partnership development
- Enthuse, promote and inspire others with Epic Partners vision and values.
- Continue to foster excellent relationships with supporters, funders and partners at all levels, across all sectors, to grow Epic Partners’ public profile, brand, reputation and income.
- Develop an appropriate level of knowledge of the external environment in which Epic Partners operates and able to identify opportunities that would benefit the work of the organisation.
- Undertake the role in a professional manner and maintain a high-quality standard of work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of Epic Partners.
- Any other duties as required.
How To Apply
Please send your CV along with a covering letter by using the Apply section below.
Closing date for applications: Monday 2nd September.
Apply for Chief Executive Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly