1 day left
- Contract Type
Our client is specifically looking for an experienced Youth Worker. The role will involve developing their post 16 programmes and the implementation and running of their mentoring in-house and externally, as well as to teach and run workshops/sessions for young people that are relevant, engaging, and related to work preparation, and employability. The role is suited for someone who is comfortable, but also has a strong background in mentoring challenging young people to achieve positive destinations.
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000
Full time. 9am to 5pm
About the Organisation:
Our client has quickly established itself as a leading specialist mentoring and education organisation working with vulnerable people of all ages to ensure each person referred to their services achieves their full potential in both an educational and personal sense, with the use of Choice Theory. They have multiple facets to their business. The organisation has a small independent school arm that was recently commended by Ofsted for its quality of provision for the wellbeing of young people.
They also run a Traineeship programme for young people aged 16-24, helping them to get into education, employment or training. In the past, they have worked with over 1000 students across 12 schools in 7 boroughs. They are now also developing an employment programme that will support young people into apprenticeships.
Main duties include:
- To be responsible for delivering a flexible programme themed around the employability through planned lessons or workshop based learning.
- To have the strongest possible track record of delivering successful workshop-based learning with hard and soft outcomes, to post-16 students, that have a variety of needs and are from challenging backgrounds (including ASD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD).
- To source relevant work experience placements for our client's learners, as well as completing relevant H&S paperwork.
In order to apply for this post you will need: -
- A minimum of a Level 2 qualification/Grade C in English Language
- 2 years’ experience in working with vulnerable young people
- To be experienced and talented working with challenging young people and adults from a variety of backgrounds, and to have a track record of success in engaging this client group to achieve positive destinations
- To be a competent coordinator and motivator
- To be dynamic, creative, energetic, positive, and willing to communicate ideas appropriately
Do you have what it takes to join this organisation and contribute to giving Young People a future?
Closing date: 10am, Friday 23rd August 2019
Interviews: Thursday 29th August 2019
After you have followed the job board process, you will receive an email from CHM Recruit with further details on how to complete your application.
Please disregard any automated correspondence from the job board and check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder.
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
CVs will be accepted.
No agencies please.
Apply for Youth Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly