Sight Impairment Officer
1 day left
- Contract Type
- To establish contact with new clients both registered and non-registered, visiting them as soon as practicable following registration/referral.
- To visit clients as appropriate in order to advise of facilities and resources available to assist in coping with their problems and/or emotional crises related to their sight loss.
- To act as an agent for the provision of talking books, radios and other specialised equipment, which assist clients in maintaining independence and the enhancement of their chosen way of life.
- To provide advice and assistance on how to claim benefits.
- To carry out benefit checks and benefit applications to visually impaired people and their carers.
- To assist with the establishment and organisation of social clubs and other activities for visually impaired people, in conjunction with the Volunteer Co-ordinator, where needed.
- To establish and maintain a working relationship with officers of social services departments and other statutory authority and voluntary agencies.
- To maintain liaison with voluntary workers, where necessary.
- To maintain a sufficient level of knowledge and to act as a source of information for visually impaired people.
- To uphold the image, philosophy and work of the Society, acting as a representative as and when required.
- To maintain accurate client records, submitting weekly returns of activities and information to the Chief Executive, keeping the Chief Executive informed of changes and developments.
- To attend staff meetings, peer support meetings and meetings of the Executive Committee as/when required.
- To undertake such other duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post.