Social Media Manager
My client is an established Charity based in North London, seeking a Social Media Manager. This health charity specialises in funding research and encouraging the take-up of new technology and medical treatments to help manage conditions.
The Key responsibilities for this Social Media Manager role are as follows:
- Play a key role in the development of the social media strategy for the charity, introducing new and innovative ways of working to deliver a first class social media experience.
- Manage both paid and organic campaigns, particular on Facebook.
- Design and deliver integrated social media specific campaigns.
- Manage effective copy in a lot of different styles, for websites, twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Implement and manage a social media activity schedule for the charity with the discretion to decide what activity is added to the schedule, resolving any scheduling conflicts.
- Provide guidance on social media aspects of PR strategies, identify contents gaps and contribute to reputational management.
- Working with the UX and Content team commission content specifically for use across social channels.
- Working with the PR and Social Media officers, build networks of social media and community champions, contributors, influencers, advocates, supporters and bloggers to help deliver our messaging.
- Design and schedule an integrated reporting framework to gain actionable insight and respond both strategically and tactically to findings.
- Develop training and governance for enabling the organisation to use social media for their business goals and be an amplifying force for priority campaigns.
- Champion social media best practice and act as guardian of activity across all social media channels within a devolved model across the charity by providing advice and guidance in the planning, commissioning, editing of content that fits the digital strategy and is channel appropriate.
The successful Social Media Manager will be based in North London and shall experience in the following areas:
- Managing social media as a communications and marketing tool for a large organisation including devising and implementing a social media strategy, analytics tools and training plan.
- Delivering engaging, relevant and on brand content for social and blog platforms, and integrate social media into wider marketing activities by managing online communities of supporters and advocates.
- Developing non-digital colleagues into social advocates, and establishing a social and networked culture at an organisation, along with providing the necessary advice, frameworks, governance, policies and guidelines and paid for/sponsored activities.
- Setting up and developing a network of internal and external social media and community champions, blog contributors, and online influencers.
- Experience of insight and evaluation and social media analytics.
This is a permanent role paying between £30,000 - £36,000, if you are keen to join a progressive charity and have experience strategically managing paid and organic social media campaigns then apply today! Not for Profit and Charities experience is not essential.